• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do I need a flowchart for all 40 confectionery products?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
* * * * * 1 votes

Syed Umer Sohail

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

Hello! everyone,

I'm working in a confectionery industry and have to implement FSSC 22000.

We are manufacturing around 40 different products; please tell me should i have to prepare flow chart for each product?

Ryan H.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 56 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Sports, traveling

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

You should have a process flow for each product group, not for each individual product (Unless thier all vastly different).. If you produce products that are similar and produced on the same lines then you could add them to one product group and make one flow for those items.. 

Can you explain the type of products your making? That would help! 

All the best, 

Ryan Heavner 

Thanked by 1 Member:

JD@KetoSkream

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:12 PM

Oh man that would be tragic if that were the case. I would have over 1000 flowcharts....

Definitely just a flow chart for the processes, the hazards identified would include any general or specific hazards associated with different ingredients.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,510 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Probably best to lump them by process type...........wrapped confections...bulk consumer bags....bulk food service etc as those machines will have different hazards and then break each process type by ingredient hazard (nuts/dairy etc)

You're still going to have a large flow chart......but a lot simpler than 40 different ones

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Syed Umer Sohail

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

You should have a process flow for each product group, not for each individual product (Unless thier all vastly different).. If you produce products that are similar and produced on the same lines then you could add them to one product group and make one flow for those items.. 

Can you explain the type of products your making? That would help! 

Hi Ryan H.

Thank you for your response. We are basically manufacturing liquid jellies of different flavors, Bubble Gum, Candies, chocolate sticks chocolate balls, bunties, etc.

Lena Scott

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

Our site manufactures around 200 SKUs, we only have 6 process flow diagrams. As what the others mentioned, it is best to categorize your products instead of producing individual documents for each. The categories will also apply to your HACCP Plans and other relevant preliminary documentation as mentioned in clause 7.

John_E

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

How are they different? How are they the same? If they run on the same (or similar) line and are made in basically the same way, they can be under one plan. Minor differences in raw materials or the process can be grouped together.

Manish Semwal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Hi,

i believe that for making different confectionery products you must have different formulations for maximum, and there you could have few variations in the preparations or their step of application.

If case is so than there is a requirement of different flow chart, and since you are having the changed sole ingredient there is requirement of all the process flow charts.

Regards

Ivan Ivanov

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Bulgaria
    Bulgaria

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

The flow diagrams should be based on your HACCP plans. The HACCP plan are for product group which ingredients and processes are very similar and there have no big difference. In that case you can group your products. 

But remember that for each HACCP plan you should have flow diagram.

Many times when i conduct training i find that the people are forgot the 12 steps of HACCP. And this is one of obliged excersices which i give them during the training. The HACCP is the base of everything.

If you repeated the 12 steps of HACCP you will find answer of your question and you will find way how to do it. :)

Success!

Best regards,

Ivan 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

Hi,

The flow diagrams should be based on your HACCP plans. The HACCP plan are for product group which ingredients and processes are very similar and there have no big difference. In that case you can group your products. 

But remember that for each HACCP plan you should have flow diagram.

Many times when i conduct training i find that the people are forgot the 12 steps of HACCP. And this is one of obliged excersices which i give them during the training. The HACCP is the base of everything.

If you repeated the 12 steps of HACCP you will find answer of your question and you will find way how to do it. :)

Success!

Best regards,

Ivan 

Hi Ivan,

Thks for input.

Might note that "similar" Product Groups are not the only way of "grouping".

"Similar CCP" methods are also used in Restaurant business.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users