Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

We need to have a register and approved contract supplier agreement.  We are currently using a document control database and I need examples of templates I can send to our contract service suppliers i.e. Food Safety Consultants, 3rd Party Storage, Logistic companies, etc.   We are on the journey to become BRC accredited and I need to complete this as soon as possible. Thank you for your help

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

Hi,

The problem you may find with a "one size fits all" contract is that you're purchasing quite a disparate range of services - the requirements for your hauliers are likely very different to those for a food safety consultant!
Many of these types of business will have their own standard contract / terms of service, so in the first instance I'd ask for copies of those. You can then sign/countersign these if agreeable, or attempt to negotiate specific changes as required.

You may not get quite as much flexibility as writing your own, but IME unless you're a very large company and/or putting a lot of business their way, many suppliers will try very hard to avoid signing anything that isn't their own preferred terms. But at least it means they're doing the work of writing them for you ;)

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BRC, Contract Supplier Agreements, Contracts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users