Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

I am in the process of preparing for our upcoming BRC version-8 audit and I have a question that I'm hoping someone out there would be able to help me out with.

1. For version-7 I had a policy under section 4.11-SSOP's for Body Fluid Cleanup.  I have noticed that the number sequencing in version differs a bit from version-7.  I have the e-copy version of both the complete program as well as the self-assessment tool (which is what I'm using to scan through all policies to ensure everything is where it needs to be).  However, I'm unable to find any sequencing for 4.11 that I can use to number the "Bodily Fluid Cleanup Procedure Policy".

I have other questions, but I'm taking one section at a time and do not want to overwhelm the topic with multiple areas.  Does anyone have any input on the above topic mentioned?  Thanking you in advance for your knowledge and help!

Lesley.Roberts

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 77 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Hi there

I'm not quite sure I understand - BRC V7 section 4.11 was housekeeping & hygiene, BRC V8 section 4.11 is also housekeeping & hygiene.

However if your intent is to reference each of your procedures against a specific BRC clause subsection the only choices you have are to renumber your procedures with each BRC update, or keep your document numbers the same, but use your document control index (or quality manual index) to reference the subsection of BRC each document relates to.

This is a perennial issue with standard updates - we have chosen the latter method of tying site procedures to each BRC clause as procedures may be referenced elsewhere (in other documents) so this avoids confusion.

FoodSafety123BRC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

Thank you for responding!  Yes, v7 & v8 are both housekeeping & hygiene for section 4.11 which I also have my SSOP's labeled as.  However, as I'm scanning through all sections again before our next audit, I noticed we also have a Body Fluid Cleanup Policy "also" labeled as 4.11 which I assume was just a compliment to our current SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure / Housekeeping & Hygiene) Policy.  I was looking to formally number that in a specific sequence under that section but did not find any that applied accordingly. 

I guess I'll just leave it as is for now and see what the auditor points out during the audit. (?)

Again, Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

Lesley.Roberts

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 77 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

Attached File  food-safety-issue-8-checklist-english.docx   138.06KB   190 downloads

Thank you for responding!  Yes, v7 & v8 are both housekeeping & hygiene for section 4.11 which I also have my SSOP's labeled as.  However, as I'm scanning through all sections again before our next audit, I noticed we also have a Body Fluid Cleanup Policy "also" labeled as 4.11 which I assume was just a compliment to our current SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure / Housekeeping & Hygiene) Policy.  I was looking to formally number that in a specific sequence under that section but did not find any that applied accordingly. 

I guess I'll just leave it as is for now and see what the auditor points out during the audit. (?)

Again, Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

Not a problem - the only other thing I could suggest is taking the BRC 8 checklist (attached) & then noting which of your procedures/policies/documents relate to each section of the standard?... 

FoodSafety123BRC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Thanks!  That's actually what I'm using as a guide!  Makes me feel better that at least I'm on the right track :)

George Adam N

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

Thanks

food-safety-issue-8-checklist-english.docx

Not a problem - the only other thing I could suggest is taking the BRC 8 checklist (attached) & then noting which of your procedures/policies/documents relate to each section of the standard?...

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users