• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

Hi All,

as in my title - I am going to have my First BRC audit !

Could please give me some advises ? also how to handle those changes ? From version 7 to 8/

there is nobody else I can ask , so any help I will really appreciate 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

Hi All,

as in my title - I am going to have my First BRC audit !

Could please give me some advises ? also how to handle those changes ? From version 7 to 8/

there is nobody else I can ask , so any help I will really appreciate 

You might add a little context, eg

product

type process, eg rte

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

miniaczka90

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

Honestly , I was working in UK before and we had different audits. 

I don't even know where should implement the changes , litterly there is nobody who can help me :( most of the "old team left" 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:25 PM

I don't even know where should implement the changes , litterly there is nobody who can help me :( most of the "old team left" 

Hi miniac,

Specifics may relate to yr Product, etc.

I deduce (despite 1st Audit) that  you are already familiar with BRC7's requirements. Should take you 75% of the way.

For comprehensive changes from 7>8,  you need a Gap list.  For "major" changes can just Google, eg see pdf below.

Based on a previous thread here,a  Gap list is now available from BRC. At a Price.

There are many changes from BRC7 so a free one may take a little time to appear.

Hope that answers yr immediate queries.

Attached File  BRC_Issue_8_update.pdf   227.96KB   24 downloads

PS - the BRC Interpretation Guidelines is another logical data source "from the horse's mouth". Again, at a Price.

Edited by Charles.C, 06 February 2019 - 02:15 PM.
edited

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

Given it sounds you are pretty new to BRC, it might be in your best interest to work with a consultant. They can guide you through the differences between BRC V7 and BRC V8. Some certifying bodies also have training sessions that they can offer you. If you have a big enough group (and resources), you can get the trainer to come to your site. Alternatively, there are typically options for you to attend training at an off-site location as well. This should at least give you a start to help make changes or at least get you thinking about what you have already that conforms or needs work.

Even those of us who have been involved in BRC for years still get a little antsy with each change; inevitably something gets missed due to "wording". There have been a few times where the change in the clause was very subtle and we didn't notice until doing an internal audit against the standard.

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

There's a gap analysis tool available on BRC Participate. I'll see if I can attach. Go thorough this and note where you have compliance and where you do not. Then work on the areas where you don't. 

It would be good to get a consultant if you can , I say this not because I am a consultant, but because as a quality manager you have so much other stuff to cover that trying to implement and upgrade BRC might not be feasible.

I had added the gap analysis but realised I should not have since it is proprietary to BRC. So it's available for £60 from BRC or for free if you are a member of BRC participate.

Sorry Simon, unintentional error.

Edited by trubertq, 08 February 2019 - 02:54 PM.

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users