• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:42 PM

Hi Everyone, 

I was hoping to receive some suggestion on light intensity. 

Our facility does not have many SOP's or Policy written. I am currently reviewing the Pre-Req and have come to the lighting section. 

We have followed CFIA requirements for limits but have no stated frequency or record of checks completed (only done when new lighting brought in). In a previous facility we completed a light meter check on a annual basis as per their specific policy and recorded on a blueprint.

What frequency do you complete light intensity checks at your facility? 

What is your procedure and where do you record this? 

Any help or examples for this would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you All !!! 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

I have a LUX meter log that is only done once/year for 6 different zones with a couple of different intensities

With the new reg's I don't know that you actually have to do this anymore (as long as your not meat/egg/dairy)           I JUST DOUBLED CHECKED. no you do not HAVE to verify lux levels....it's whatever you deem adequate

HOWEVER, you obviously still want to ensure your not choosing bulbs that could alter the colour as that could cause people to use ingredients that are not fit for consumption

http://www.inspectio...9/1528205027203

We've always just borrowed our CFIA inspectors meter while they're here because of the expense

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

lmacfarland

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

I have a LUX meter log that is only done once/year for 6 different zones with a couple of different intensities

With the new reg's I don't know that you actually have to do this anymore (as long as your not meat/egg/dairy)           I JUST DOUBLED CHECKED. no you do not HAVE to verify lux levels....it's whatever you deem adequate

HOWEVER, you obviously still want to ensure your not choosing bulbs that could alter the colour as that could cause people to use ingredients that are not fit for consumption

http://www.inspectio...9/1528205027203

We've always just borrowed our CFIA inspectors meter while they're here because of the expense

We are a dairy facility and going BRC. 

They have requirements for LUX but do not state frequency either

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:36 PM

When i was in poultry; LUX was checked monthly as part of the internal audit. It was a huge plant, so anymore often than that would have taken far too much time

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users