SQF Edition 8 states:
18.104.22.168 Material suppliers shall only be accepted into the facility based on either certificates of analysis for every lot
received, or inspection at receipt to ensure materials comply with specification.
I work for a company that makes food contact packaging. I believe the requirement for a COA is new to Edition 8.
We received a nonconformance for the supplier COA's not matching what we had listed in our internal specs (min/max/target were not the same). I am not the FSP but I am on the team to correct this nonconformance.
I am looking for feedback from other people:
1. Do you receive a COA from every material supplier?
2. Are you doing any inspection (testing) instead of receiving a COA?
3. Any problems getting COA's from suppliers that previously didn't provide them?
4. Why was requiring a COA from every supplier added to Edition 8?
5. Have any auditors accepted a COC or Letter of Continuing Guarantee instead of a COA?