• IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:46 AM

Hello all,

We are testing our food product for color and moisture (for quality)  in our lab and during the last SQF audit we got a non-conformance that our Proficiency program is insufficient, The auditor said that it is not enough to send samples to an acredited lab and then compare the results, we need to request the 3rd party lab to perform a proficiency test on our samples.

It is not my first SQF audit and the auditors were always accepting our program before.

I will appreciate your feedback

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 3,778 posts
  • 949 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:American Patriot
    WWG1WGA
    Never give up, never give in - always win!
    Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachusetts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:30 AM

What is the standard number that the auditor noted?

Kind regards,
Glenn Oster

GOC BUSINESS GROUP | SQF System Development, Implementation & Certification Consultants
Internal Auditor Training - eConsultant Retainer Subscriptions - Pre & Post SQF-GAP Audits - Consultant Training
Visit us @ http://www.GlennOster.com  or call us @ 772.646.4115 US-EST 8am-4pm Anyday except Thursday

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 18,869 posts
  • 5253 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

Hello all,

We are testing our food product for color and moisture (for quality)  in our lab and during the last SQF audit we got a non-conformance that our Proficiency program is insufficient, The auditor said that it is not enough to send samples to an acredited lab and then compare the results, we need to request the 3rd party lab to perform a proficiency test on our samples.

It is not my first SQF audit and the auditors were always accepting our program before.

I will appreciate your feedback

IMO the auditor should have clarified where yr procedure was insufficient (it sounds like it was not atypical).

If there was no further auditor comment, it would IMO have been reasonable to ask.

Maybe the auditor expected a ring test.

I daresay this may be different but analogous to this thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...-8/#entry128388

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users