Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for food coloring powder storage for colored popcorn. Right now we store the color powder in jars with twist top. However the color powder is so concentrated that it stains the jars and gets into the nooks and crannies when we use them. From an appearance standpoint for auditors it does not look very clean. Does anyone have suggestions on how we could store these food color powders?

Thank you 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:41 PM

As a former auditor and now consulting audits my question is - have you had an auditor write you up for appearance?  Look if the area is clean and there is no comingling of colors, etc you should be fine.  I've been in a number of faclities that had colorants in use (such as a company that makes generic fruit loops and another that makes different colored dog kibble) and while the storage rooms were a bit multi-colored they were clean, not infested and no evidence of cross contamination.  

How are the colors recieved and are they handled into storage?

Edited by SQFconsultant, 24 April 2019 - 01:41 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

kevinkt

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:14 PM

Thank you so much for your response. We have not as of yet been written up for the appearance of the food color powder storage. The containers are stained and caked with color and it does look a little messy. I guess I am being a bit paranoid because every auditor seems to nit pick different things and I want to try and be "ahead of the ball." We receive the powder colors in bulk and debag them into plastic storage containers. 

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:12 PM

Do they have some sort of cleaning schedule?  Doesn't really matter if it looks iffy while in production as long as you don't disregard it.  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users