Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

We are what was formerly called SQF Level 3 facility. Our owner is looking at a contract manufacturer for one of our products (he actually has a trial planned next week he just told me about). The site is BRC Certified Grade AA. What do I need to look at in order to comply with 2.3.4 for both the food manufacturing and quality code? Is BRC equivalent to SQF? Should I certify them as I would certify a supplier? Etc.

S.d.E

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Jamaica
    Jamaica

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

Provide your company product specifications to contract manufacturer. If the site is already BRC certified it already in compliance to food safety agreements. You can do a contract to specify how  the product should be made. You can still do a yearly audit of the company if you want. I would do a review to ensure that the contract manufacturer is meeting the product .specifications. BRC is equivalent to SQF. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

Your contract manufacturer (they make the product and package it in your packaging - so that for all intents and purposes the product is seen as coming from you) is required to be similar certified as your company - and they are with BRC.  They will need to provide you with a full copy of their most recent BRC audit and then follow your SOP for contract suppliers.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users