The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Hi all! 

Once again im fighting a battle here to do what's right.

Can you file a complaint towards an "SQF auditor"? I looked the auditor up on the SQFI website and the auditor is registered. I need to file a complaint towards them. Hopefully they can get suspended for falsifying audits. Has anyone done this before? Is it going to be anonymous? Thank you!

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:34 PM

The SQF site isn't helpful with this information? I doubt it will be anonymous, since the minimum you'd have to share when it happened. They will know where the auditor was on that day...

-Setanta         

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

Call SQFI and ask to speak with Leann Chubbof. I believe she's the VP of technical affairs for North America

https://www.linkedin...chuboff-b16b144

https://www.sqfi.com...ist-contact-us/

They are RESPONSIBLE for enforcing the auditor code.....................I'm sure if you explain to her that you need to remain anonymous, she will do all she can to ensure it stays that way. I too filed a formal complaint about an auditor and it was Leann I spoke with

Good luck

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:34 PM

Call SQFI and ask to speak with Leann Chubbof. I believe she's the VP of technical affairs for North America

https://www.linkedin...chuboff-b16b144

https://www.sqfi.com...ist-contact-us/

They are RESPONSIBLE for enforcing the auditor code.....................I'm sure if you explain to her that you need to remain anonymous, she will do all she can to ensure it stays that way. I too filed a formal complaint about an auditor and it was Leann I spoke with

Good luck

Thank you, Scampi! Question, what was the outcome when you filed your complaint? 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

I was told that particular auditor would never be sent to our facility again. I think if they get enough complaints about 1 specific person, they would come down hard on the CB to remove the person and/or strip their certification

HOWEVER, because becoming an auditor requires you to be able to not get paid for at least 6 months---------they don't have people knocking down the door to become auditors so they are a bit resistant.

I am pushing in Canada for auditors to become a technical trade, so they would also have to write a provincial and/or federal exam 

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

I was told that particular auditor would never be sent to our facility again. I think if they get enough complaints about 1 specific person, they would come down hard on the CB to remove the person and/or strip their certification

HOWEVER, because becoming an auditor requires you to be able to not get paid for at least 6 months---------they don't have people knocking down the door to become auditors so they are a bit resistant.

I am pushing in Canada for auditors to become a technical trade, so they would also have to write a provincial and/or federal exam 

Ugh I dont know if others have complained about this auditor, maybe it's me who only has morals I guess. I am hoping they could look into it! I did call my CB and told them I don't want this auditor and I told them what they've done. They said they will look into solving the issue and hopefully sending us another one. (although my management wants that auditor, but I had to keep my phone call a secret between me and the CB). 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

A very long time ago I was run off the road by a transport driver who ran through a stop sign, I ended up driving into a shallow ditch (that I was able to drive out of), but had I blinked, I would have ran right into him. I followed just enough to get the plate, then returned home to calm down and call the company

Turns out I was the 3rd strike and driver lost his job (and with insurance the way it is, probably never drove commercially again)

We all need to report bullsh*t no matter the situation.................the end result is the same..............someone may die because of $$$$$$$ and ignorance

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,665 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Hi all! 

Once again im fighting a battle here to do what's right.

Can you file a complaint towards an "SQF auditor"? I looked the auditor up on the SQFI website and the auditor is registered. I need to file a complaint towards them. Hopefully they can get suspended for falsifying audits. Has anyone done this before? Is it going to be anonymous? Thank you!

Yes, you can file a complaint.

All SQF Auditors are registered

Yes, I have assisted on filing a complaint

No, it will NOT be anonymous - because the complaint will get filed first with the CB and if no satisfaction you contact SQFI direct.

In fact, you may wish to first contact SQFI directly and request  the process - they are then aware there is a compliant being made so that it does not go under the carpeting.

SQFI does have a compliance department.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 14 May 2019 - 06:58 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

John_E

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:06 PM

Are you willing to share the auditor's name and what they did?

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:21 PM

We have done this now twice. One for being downright combative and one for focusing on a few items and ignoring a major portion of the audit (spent less that 20 minutes in our production areas and less than 5 minutes outside). As it is a test of our system to determine deficiencies, not covering large areas of our program leaves us vulnerable to repeating any nonperformance without knowing it. I called the Technical director and requested that auditor not return to our plant and was told he would not come back. If he is named in the future as our auditor, I will have to contact the SQFI and file a formal complaint with the request to deny him entry due to past experience.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users