• Quick Navigation
Photo

Appeal process when SQF do not accept submitted Corrective Actions ?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

tonyo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:22 PM

I will require assistance in preparing an appeal for a SQF certificate that was withdrawn on Friday May 17th.

The surveillance audit was required and after audit completion, and submission of our corrective actions, they  were “not accepted” and we were advised  our certificate was being withdrawn. ( see below)

They advised me (at first) that I could not nothing but to seek another GFSI body as I could not reapply for SQF for one year. AFTER  I questioned them about their process ( as I questioned some of their actions regarding their subjective comments), they advised me I could appeal the decision and then told me to “Look on the SQF Website” to find out the process….

I then sent them an email Friday afternoon  citing Section 5.10 Complaints, Appeals and Disputes and THEN they sent me their “procedure..

any suggestions..

Tony O.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

I will require assistance in preparing an appeal for a SQF certificate that was withdrawn on Friday May 17th.

The surveillance audit was required and after audit completion, and submission of our corrective actions, they  were “not accepted” and we were advised  our certificate was being withdrawn. ( see below)

They advised me (at first) that I could not nothing but to seek another GFSI body as I could not reapply for SQF for one year. AFTER  I questioned them about their process ( as I questioned some of their actions regarding their subjective comments), they advised me I could appeal the decision and then told me to “Look on the SQF Website” to find out the process….

I then sent them an email Friday afternoon  citing Section 5.10 Complaints, Appeals and Disputes and THEN they sent me their “procedure..

any suggestions..

Tony O.

Hi Tony,

Sorry you are having problems.

Not myself a SQF user but you may have to add a little context/examples as to the specific NCs,so users can understand  why SQF did not accept your proposed corrective actions ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,665 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:32 PM

You need to provide more details.

One is normally given 30 days for submission of CA's (minors) and 14 for majors - You always have to expect the possibility that your CAs will not be acceptable and then you need to do them over and re-submit, but also in that time frame.  

You did not mention when you submitted them, nor how the out brief went when the auditor was there.

Lots of factors not mentioned.

Those are just a couple.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

tonyo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

Glenn\,

thanks for your comments; i did send my contact info directly to your website; please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

Glenn\,

thanks for your comments; i did send my contact info directly to your website; please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this.

Hi Tony,

Please note this is a Forum for sharing  knowledge/experience.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,665 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

I appreciate the direct contact, however, you started your posting here seeking assistance and if you will expand on your situation as noted everybody can chime in to assist. If you send us a direct request we would charge you for our time, because that is our business.

I'd go ahead and post more here and you get free input.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

Can you please share with us what really happened? Why were your NCs not accepted?If they aren't accepted the auditor reaches out to have you resubmit them unless you missed the submission window? I myself is a SQF user and would love to gain the most knowledge and experience regarding it. 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users