• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

Hi all, 

We are due an FSSC22000 inspection end of august 2019 (food manufacture of ambient products).

After booking my dates with my auditing body in May,  I received an email this morning informing me that in addition of the 1 day travel/2 day on site we will have to go through a 0.25 day of pre-assessment visit (over the phone and chargeable) and that we will also be charged for 0.5days for the auditor to write up the report. None of these were present within the contract that the previous QA Manager signed back in October 2018.

I am new to FSSC (I used to go through BRC) and I never had a pre-visit assessment before.

I only had pre-visit when upgrading/major change to a standard (e.g. from ISO9001:2008 to 2015) and even then these were not mandatory.

Could someone let me know if the pre-assessment visit is mandatory? Same for the fee for writing up the report. 

We are not upgrading to V5 and we are already V4.1 so we don't understand the visit and this is something that was not planed in the budget!

thank you in advance for your help.

Aurélie 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,674 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:54 PM

Is the 0.5 day charge for the 0.25 day pre-assessment over the phone? Or is that for the actual 2 day site visit?

It is normal that a report may take a 1/2 day to write and that would be acceptable and it is something that would be paid for.

However, I have never heard of a pre-assessment done over the phone prior to the actual site visit for FSSC.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 17 June 2019 - 02:54 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

AurW

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

Hi Glenn, 

The auditing body details the visit as follow:

0.25 man-days – 15th July – off site - Pre Visit Planning

3 man-days - 21st – 23rd August – On site - surveillance 1 auditing (includes 1 day travel)

0.5 man-days – 26th August – Off site - report writing

I understand the 0.5 day writing report although this was included in the price when I was audited against BRC. 

the confusing part is the pre-audit visit, I am not sure what it entails, I've asked my auditing body but no reply yet.

thank again for the reply

aurelie 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users