• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:49 PM

Hello all,

I am new to SQF and am in the process of completing an initial certification. Long story, but because of timing, we missed the window on recertification and had to start over. In preparing for the desk audit, I reviewed and updated the whole system as it hadn't been updated since 2016. This included changing the internal audit schedule, policy, and checklists used. The previous SQF practitioner had been keeping up with internal audits up until she left earlier this year. Now that I have taken over and am using different checklists on a different schedule, can I follow my schedule from when I took on the role or do I have to review the entire system before the site audit now that I've updated it all? If I do review the entire system in the next 30 days, what will I have to do to maintain the internal audit system for the rest of the year? It doesn't make sense to me to audit them all now when I obviously just looked over the documents to update them and seems like it would be more beneficial to audit them when they come up in the annual schedule. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you. 

MsMars

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 606 posts
  • 194 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:56 PM

It sounds like you have already reviewed the entire system when you were performing your updates, so can just document your review/updates and follow the schedule you are currently on.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:29 AM

Hello all,

I am new to SQF and am in the process of completing an initial certification. Long story, but because of timing, we missed the window on recertification and had to start over. In preparing for the desk audit, I reviewed and updated the whole system as it hadn't been updated since 2016. This included changing the internal audit schedule, policy, and checklists used. The previous SQF practitioner had been keeping up with internal audits up until she left earlier this year. Now that I have taken over and am using different checklists on a different schedule, can I follow my schedule from when I took on the role or do I have to review the entire system before the site audit now that I've updated it all? If I do review the entire system in the next 30 days, what will I have to do to maintain the internal audit system for the rest of the year? It doesn't make sense to me to audit them all now when I obviously just looked over the documents to update them and seems like it would be more beneficial to audit them when they come up in the annual schedule. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you. 

Yes, you follow your updated schedule/ You and your senior management team are required to do a full system review each year and document it,if you don't this will be BIG issue on your audit and suggest you do some the audits on your new schedule as well- blank stares are no good at audit time.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

KSMFF

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:25 PM

Thank you for your answers! I will be completing the internal audits from January to this point. As for the management review, you're saying we should review the whole system before the site audit, or is it enough to have it scheduled for review? 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:38 PM

The annual review is a requirement with documented proof.  You don't want to go into an audit without doing this --- no, it is not enough to say you have it scheduled, that doesn't mean anything.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: internal audit, schedule, SQF, timeline, new policy, policy change, schedule change

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users