• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

Hello!

I was hoping to get some clarification on a "Training Need Analysis".

I understand this section requires you to list skills that are necessary for each position. But I am not sure what else the training need analysis requires? I tried googling this and there are so many different sites it just got me even more confused. Maybe I am thinking too much into it? <_< 

Can someone provide me with an example or resource that I can follow to ensure I record all the info? Or if you'd like to explain what your company does for this section?

Thank you!!

Jenna

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

You can use your training matrix sheet (where you list all the names of people down the one side and then show headers for each training topic - just copy one of those and entitle it Training Needs Analysis - next to the persons name show their title or area of responsibility and list have a another colum showing the skills needs for each person -- then under the different training topics check off what training they will need and as completed note the dates and effectiveness entries onto your training matrix sheet.   Easy peesy and keep it simple.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

jperri

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 86 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

You can use your training matrix sheet (where you list all the names of people down the one side and then show headers for each training topic - just copy one of those and entitle it Training Needs Analysis - next to the persons name show their title or area of responsibility and list have a another colum showing the skills needs for each person -- then under the different training topics check off what training they will need and as completed note the dates and effectiveness entries onto your training matrix sheet.   Easy peesy and keep it simple.

Thank you for the advice!  I have adjusted my matrix and it is looking good so far.

I am wondering if I need to include upper management (the owners) in the matrix?

One management personnel will be a back-up to the SQF Practitioner (myself) so I am assuming I should include them in the list as well?

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:38 PM

Yes, everyone in the facility need to be trained at the very least on GMP in the plant, so owners are included on the training and must be shown on the matrix.

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users