Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:35 PM

Hi, I am a new member.  I am currently working for a company who distributes various drink mixes and uses co-manufacturers and contracted warehousing.  I am working to develop their food safety and quality plans.  I have worked for a few traditional manufacturers and have written many HACCP and food safety plans, but this really has me stumped as we contract everything out.  I am trying to find some perspective to begin.  Anyone else have experience with this?

Sincerely, 

NatalieR91

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,630 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

We have clients for SQF that have contract manufacturers - SQF provides clear guidelines on the requirements, even if you are SQF or going for SQF or not you should take a look at code section: 

2.3.4 Contract Manufacturers
2.3.4.1 The methods and responsibility for ensuring all agreements relating to food safety and customer product
requirements and its realization and delivery are specified and agreed shall be documented and implemented.

2.3.4.2 The site shall:
i. Verify compliance with the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and that all customer requirements
are being met at all times. Products and/or processes of co-manufacturers that are considered high risk
shall be required to undergo an audit by the site or other third party agency to confirm compliance to the
SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and agreed arrangements; and
ii. Ensure changes to contractual agreements are approved by both parties and communicated to relevant
personnel.
2.3.4.3 Records of all contract reviews and changes to contractual agreements and their approvals shall be
maintained.

I have a development client in September - November that has a number of contract manufacturers for sauces and all of them are being required by the client to be SQF or another GFSI with all requirements met.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users