• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

Hi all. 

I am a brand new QA Director/Manager at a plant with a dedicated SQF practioner. Being new, I am reviewing documents to determine gaps and issues. 

To my understanding, isn't there a requirement for an annual documentation review?  Would the document date stand until it is updated, or does it need to display that it was reviewed on an annual basis? ie the "supersedes" portion of the document identifier. I am seeing docs with no designation of "new" or "supersedes" that are from 2017...

I come from the ISO/BRC world so forgive me if I am not correct. 

Appreciate any help on this. 

Edited by Dairygal23, 22 August 2019 - 09:03 PM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,630 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:55 PM

We and all of our clients conduct (at minium) the required SQF Annual Management Review of the entire system, all documents etc.

With few exceptions all clients have a standard document indicating when the system was reviewed, findings and corrective actions are noted. 

The statement is signed off of by those participating in the annual review - normally members of senior management and/or ownership and the SQF Practitioner.

While not all - some do issue the date of the review onto the actual documents, and if changes are made a supercede will appear along with a recording of changes and dates appearing on the system register.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 683 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

We have over 75 SOPs outside of FSMS documents / procedures (there were over 170 when I took over) all of which need to be reviewed at least annually. We divided them into 12 groups and perform reviews every month. System documents are also divided into groups and are reviewed in the month they are scheduled.

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:33 PM

Create a document register and list all your documents, forms, procedures etc. then add a column for frequency of review, current version/ issue date, last date reviewed, reviewed by etc. this will make your life easier as monitoring will be a breeze.

Frequency of review of each document will depend on your procedure, so can be annual, every 2 years, or 3 years and there is not requirement for frequency as long a you are in control of your documents and records. However, the entire SQF System must be reviewed annually, as you already know that.

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:29 AM

Hi all. 

I am a brand new QA Director/Manager at a plant with a dedicated SQF practioner. Being new, I am reviewing documents to determine gaps and issues. 

To my understanding, isn't there a requirement for an annual documentation review?  Would the document date stand until it is updated, or does it need to display that it was reviewed on an annual basis? ie the "supersedes" portion of the document identifier. I am seeing docs with no designation of "new" or "supersedes" that are from 2017...

I come from the ISO/BRC world so forgive me if I am not correct. 

Appreciate any help on this. 

You might consider looking at the SQF Guidance material.

Unlike iso/BRC it's free.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Annual Review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users