• Quick Navigation
Photo

For the annual internal audit, can I conduct my own internal audit?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic
- - - - -

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:07 PM

Hi maylao123,

Please see Kingstudruler's post, or if looking for a free training, please inbox me. As stated in an earlier post, I don't want to advertise for any food manufacturers, so I won't post the link in the forum.

Thanks.

also, accept my poor spelling and grammar.  12:00am on friday night.....

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

mhaywood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 November 2020 - 03:36 PM

Hi, my site was issued a minor for not having all members trained in internal auditing. I am the SQF Practitioner and i was trained on Internal auditing and when asked if i could train the group was told no, they would all have to go through formal training. Is there anyway i can get the link to the free training?

Thanks

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:44 PM

Hi, my site was issued a minor for not having all members trained in internal auditing. I am the SQF Practitioner and i was trained on Internal auditing and when asked if i could train the group was told no, they would all have to go through formal training. Is there anyway i can get the link to the free training?

Thanks

Well,  i think most would argue that the auditor was wrong in telling you that you could not train others.   sqf only states that they need to have training and be competent.  

2.5.5.2 Staff conducting internal audits shall be trained and competent in internal audit procedures.

the IFSQN internal audit class in around $100.  Its as good as the more expensive options.  I am not sure when it is scheduled to happen again. I am not aware of a free one that has a certificate of some kind.   

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

mhaywood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

100% agree with this post. I certainly did not learn anything from PCQI training. Also, I ended up with the FDA inspector for my area in the same training...which was a real...blast. 

To the OP - Timwoodbag shared a great program, and not too expensive. If you are however looking for training in the freebie range, I might be able to suggest one for you. It is a general IA training which provides you with an electronic "certificate" at the end of the testing session (if you pass). 

I tried to message you, but I guess you haven't validated your account. I would post it here, but it is a training created by a food manufacturer, so I don't want to "advertise" for them (no I don't work for them either). I used this training successfully for audits; no auditor ever questioned it. If you'd like the link, you can inbox me (anyone else who wants it as well).

Hi, I saw that you could provide a link to a general IA training that would provide an electronic certificate, can you still provide the link? My company was issued a minor because even though i was trained and had a certificate, the other staff members were not. i was told i could not train them.,

Thanks

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,674 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:56 PM

mhaywood wrote

Hi, I saw that you could provide a link to a general IA training that would provide an electronic certificate, can you still provide the link? My company was issued a minor because even though i was trained and had a certificate, the other staff members were not. i was told i could not train them.,

Thanks

Hi, I can only answer the part about being told you can not train them.

If you are knowledgable about Internal Auditor Training you can certainly train people. Note the training on your matrix and check for effectiveness.

You can optionally use a purchased training program such as that offered here, we also have one, but it is not 100.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users