• Quick Navigation
Photo

2.3.2 developing/approving product description of incoming supplies

Share this

Best Answer , 27 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

I believe what was missing in your documents is "the method" that the assistant manger is using to approve the materials. Below it what the auditor will be looking for (extract from the guidance doc. SQF S&D Mod 2, top of page 23)

"The auditor will seek evidence of the existence and currency of product descriptions and a procedure for developing and approving them at the desk audit. During the first and subsequent site audits, the auditor will confirm compliance to this procedure and the process for checking compliance and validation. Evidence will be sought by interview, review of descriptions and record review, and may include: • Review of the procedure for developing and approving product descriptions; • Confirmation that the list of products used in the facility matches what is inventoried; • Review of a selected sample of products to confirm agreement with relevant legislation; • Availability of current copies of descriptions to relevant staff; • Interview of staff using the products and those conducting validation activities;

You can add to your 2.3.2 document that the assistant manager will run a procedure that will consist in ensure the product is approved to be use in a food warehouse, for example. There you list your procedure and what will determine if the product is "approved".

Remember here the code is referring to "all incoming supplies used by the site but not intended for distribution".

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

gomez89

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:24 PM

Hi, We just got done sending our desk audit and wwe received our results. I need help understand what i am missing from the form 2.3.2.2 Incoming supplies- the procedure stated incoming supplies was under the responsibility of the assistant manager, however it did not identify methods for developing and approving product description. Can someone please help me. I greatly appreciate it.  Its for Module 2 for storage and distribution. 

Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:24 PM   Best Answer

I believe what was missing in your documents is "the method" that the assistant manger is using to approve the materials. Below it what the auditor will be looking for (extract from the guidance doc. SQF S&D Mod 2, top of page 23)

"The auditor will seek evidence of the existence and currency of product descriptions and a procedure for developing and approving them at the desk audit. During the first and subsequent site audits, the auditor will confirm compliance to this procedure and the process for checking compliance and validation. Evidence will be sought by interview, review of descriptions and record review, and may include: • Review of the procedure for developing and approving product descriptions; • Confirmation that the list of products used in the facility matches what is inventoried; • Review of a selected sample of products to confirm agreement with relevant legislation; • Availability of current copies of descriptions to relevant staff; • Interview of staff using the products and those conducting validation activities;

You can add to your 2.3.2 document that the assistant manager will run a procedure that will consist in ensure the product is approved to be use in a food warehouse, for example. There you list your procedure and what will determine if the product is "approved".

Remember here the code is referring to "all incoming supplies used by the site but not intended for distribution".

Edited by Fred73, 27 September 2019 - 02:26 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users