Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:15 PM

This is our first Audit SQF V8.1 and this is the first of our 5 non-conformances.

Module 2 (Quality)2.1.5.2.vii: Source of legal and expert advice is not included or referenced in the procedure.

I'm not sure what I need to be supplying for my corrective action. We had our legal advise in the manual. Lawyers name, lawyers firm and contact information was listed.

Is there something I'm missing here. The reference to "expert advise"? Unclear what that would be in a food-contact label print environment.

Looking for possible clarification and/or advise please.

Ken Bookmyer

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:00 PM

We list our micro testing lab. Do you use any outside firm to test for stuff like Heavy Metals in your inks? If so that's what I'd put down 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

2.1.5.2.vii refer to Crisis management planing, so you need to add who will be providing food safety advise, you can list the name of your food safety consultant if you ever work or contract someone (if you have a top Food safety person like a Director that usually will have the knowledge/experience and can be considered expert to provide advise).

Thanked by 1 Member:

queenb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:05 PM

We do test in two outside labs. One for swabs for surfaces and also one for ink migration. So likely I should have both down. They are included in our list of Contract service providers.

Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:45 PM

"We do test in two outside labs. One for swabs for surfaces and also one for ink migration. So likely I should have both down. They are included in our list of Contract service providers."

My question will be then does this labs will be providing expert food safety advice and be available went it required during a crisis that involve food safety concerns? do you have an emergency contact information for them? if all that is yes, then you should be fine.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

We have been advised to have very specific instructions//clear directions for each person to cover each element of a Crisis.  So we literally state out that the President will contact the lawyer at this phone number which is a 24 hour line, and they will take care of X Y and Z.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

All references to responsible parties in our Crisis Management Plan are mirrored in the Crisis Management Planning Procedure. Maybe he was looking for the same information in both places?

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

So let me get this straight - you got written up because you did not have a crisis contact grid for for legal and expert as per 2.1.5 - as in you failed to put them on a gird list and put them someplace else?

Not sure I understand.

However, for our clients - we list the legal firm name, address, phone number, email, etc. on the crisis list - and our client list us under the expert category or another "expert" consultant or provider of specialized information in the event of a ciris.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users