• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:36 AM

Good day, 

One of the requirements for new inspectors of GlobalG.A.P. is to have completed a course in Food hygiene that covers site management, water, fertilizer, equipment, facilities and personal hygiene, as well as practical case studies. This should be a minimum of 8 hours. I am really struggling to find a suitable course related to farming activities which includes food hygiene, which does not only focus on pack houses. I am looking for a training provider in South Africa to provide this training. 

Otherwise any suggestions, or assistance with were I can find such information to maybe compile my own training? 

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:03 PM

Are there any firms that do organic methods training/certification? They may be more plant-oriented than the packhouse-oriented firms.

LesleySR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:04 PM

Completely see your difficulty here.... and I do think it's needed - I work with produce and some of our GAP auditors come from an agronomy background not quality/food safety so don't always have full oversight of how farmers/producers can affect food safety.

However multiple food safety courses are available in UK (that's the power of the UK retailers!) so sourcing an appropriate course isn't usually too difficult.

Maybe start with the bigger companies who might be aware of the requirements for this:

https://www.sgs.co.z...ygiene-training

or perhaps your national/local government might be able to assist?.

https://www.daff.gov...nce/Food-Safety

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users