• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:00 PM

Hello All,

I found that that the BRC Storage and Distribuiton added 3.5 Product Authenticity. However, I cannot find that part on the code. How can I know when the Brc update/adds new information? Please advised.

Thanks in advance!

LesleySR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:27 AM

BSI advises that V3 is the last version of Storage & distribution standard so the attached is current.  You can always contact them to check:  FoodSafety@bsigroup.com

Attached File  BRC_Global_Standard_for_Storage_and_Distribution_Issue_3_UK_Free_PDF.pdf   4.59MB   23 downloads

Authenticity is covered under section 10.2

If your facility is covered under this standard you are obliged to obtain a copy of the standard at every change (this will be checked during your audit).  You would then perform a gap analysis against the previous version to ensure that you are working to the latest requirements and this is how you would know of any new changes (V2-V3 attached)

Attached File  Issue-2-to-Issue-3-Key-Changes storage and distribution BRC .pdf   673.29KB   18 downloads

Your certification body should also be able to advise.

If you are just checking for reference the standard is in the public domain.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Micro&safety

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

Thank you,!

I also found this and I cannot find it on the link you sent me.

3.5 Product authenticity
The company shall undertake a documented product and service fraud vulnerability assessment of the potential risks of adulteration or substitution to products. The output from this assessment shall be a documented vulnerability assessment plan. Where products are identified as being at risk, this plan shall include details of the appropriate assurance and/or processes implemented to mitigate the identified risks. The vulnerability assessment shall be kept under review to reflect changing economic circumstances and market intelligence which may alter the potential risk. It shall be formally reviewed on an annual basis.

KFTECH

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

Hi,

3.5.3 was a position statement released in February this year. You can find all position statements on BRC participate. There has been 2 since version 3 was issued.

Thanks,
Naomi

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanked by 1 Member:

Micro&safety

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

How can I find out the new statement? where is the BRC participate that you commented?

john.kukoly

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 90 posts
  • 56 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

Head over the the BRCGS website, look under the drop down for BRCGS, choose the S&D standard, help and guidance, and scroll all the way to near the bottom - two positions statements for version 3.

https://www.brcgs.co...p-and-guidance/

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users