• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to conduct document reviews for the next BRC audit?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Raksha

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

Hi all,

In Sept 2019, we had our first BRC audit and passed with an AA.

Question: As I prepare for the next BRC audit, do I need to put a new format issue date on ALL policies, procedures etc (i.e. 2020) or only those mentioned in BRC Issue 8 that need an annual review require a new issue date? 

For example (1) clause 1.1.1 doesn't mention an annual review, so does the policy need to be dated 2020?

(2) Flow diagrams - I will print and get the HACCP team to date and sign again to show that it was verified, but does it mean that                             I need to put a new format issue date or leave it unchanged (since there are no changes in the flow diagram)? 

Since this is my first post, I also wish take this opportunity to thank this forum for your contributions. It really helped me in preparing for my first audit last year. 

Please help.

Thanks.

Raksha 

LesleySR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 50 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:35 AM

Hi Raksha

The way I have usually done this is to include a review of all the relevant procedures/policies under the internal audits.

Say for instance you are auditing a CCP - metal detection - (BRC section 2, especially 2.14 & 4.10) you would check that the flows are still correct (by physically walking the process) check metal complaints since last review, maybe even check customer specific requirements, even though this is no longer in BRC 8 - it was in version 7, and then you document your findings by meeting minutes where required/internal audit report).

If there is no need to change any documents - then don't - but the internal audit conducted should confirm that changes were not required and the policies/procedures are still correct & relevant, for the HACCP flows I have always manually countersigned after every internal CCP audit to demonstrate that a review has been conducted, by whom & when.

If you have a version of BRC 8 with the guidance notes this might be useful for you as it provides clarification of how you meet the requirements & useful guidance?.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 693 posts
  • 229 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

One reason I have a revision table on every document. It lists the review / verification date, who reviewed it and who approved it. I also change the revision date in the footer to reflect the last review date even though a NEW revision might not have been issued. The last review date is also entered on the document register for all documents in our system.

Thanked by 1 Member:

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 861 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

Hi Raksha

The way I have usually done this is to include a review of all the relevant procedures/policies under the internal audits.

Say for instance you are auditing a CCP - metal detection - (BRC section 2, especially 2.14 & 4.10) you would check that the flows are still correct (by physically walking the process) check metal complaints since last review, maybe even check customer specific requirements, even though this is no longer in BRC 8 - it was in version 7, and then you document your findings by meeting minutes where required/internal audit report).

If there is no need to change any documents - then don't - but the internal audit conducted should confirm that changes were not required and the policies/procedures are still correct & relevant, for the HACCP flows I have always manually countersigned after every internal CCP audit to demonstrate that a review has been conducted, by whom & when.

If you have a version of BRC 8 with the guidance notes this might be useful for you as it provides clarification of how you meet the requirements & useful guidance?.

I agree with this. as long as you have a different doc such as the internal audit stating that you reviewed them, changing the dates is not necessary. even if the section does not specifically state a review is required (as you stated in referce to 1.1.1) they should still be reviewed annually.
I have some gamer friends in Mauritius, tell them HI.

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users