• Quick Navigation
Photo

FSSC 22000 Sec 9 - Review of identified risks and opportunities and effectiveness of actions taken

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Rita Inderpersad

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

Good Day, My name is Rita from South Africa - I am the Food Safety Team Leader for a contract packing company.  Our core business is Repacking and Dispatch of Dry Granular Powders.

Currently preparing for a FSSC V5 (ISO 22000:2018) audit.

Section 9 of ISO 22000:2018 - Management review

One of the New elements  is -

Review of identified risks and opportunities and effectiveness of actions taken .

I have identified a few risks, however I need to know if I am on the right track and see what are your input.

Thank you and have a pleasant year

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:42 AM

Good Day, My name is Rita from South Africa - I am the Food Safety Team Leader for a contract packing company.  Our core business is Repacking and Dispatch of Dry Granular Powders.

One of the New elements  is

Review of identified risks and opportunities and effectiveness of actions taken .

I have identified a few risk, however I need to know if I am on the right track and see what are your input.

Hi Rita,

^^^^  So which risks have you identified ??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Rita Inderpersad

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:59 AM

Raw Material Long Chain -

Packaging Long Chain -

High staff turnover

rajeev1965

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

I have identified a few risks, however I need to know if I am on the right track and see what are your input.

Idendified risks are not sufficient.

Rita Inderpersad

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:21 AM

Yep I know feeling a bit overwelmed. That why I am asking the team.

sel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:13 AM

We do risk analysis for each step of the process and for each section and then we conduct a review every 1 year to ensure the risk analysis is still valid by evaluating the events that occur within a period of 1 year to prove that the control action that we do are still appropriate

Edited by sel, 29 February 2020 - 07:17 AM.

Philips

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Reading, sharing with other professionals,driving and a humble drinker

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:57 AM

Hey all,

My understanding and interpretation on this requirements is once you have mitigated against the risks, you need to take account of whether a risk has occurred and was the mitigation measures that you had determined sufficient in addressing the risk, if it was then in your review, you will indicate it was effective and may be due to the effectiveness, its no longer a risk and / or the risk level lowers, if the mitigation did not address the risk adequately, then you need to revise the mitigation and make it more effective. E.g. Lets say you have determined a risk such as delay in delivery caused by raw materials delay and the mitigation is keep FG sufficient to service the customers for one week and you still find the even on doing the same there are still delays in delivery, this hence interprate that the mitigation measure is not effective, you therefore need to revise is as its not effective.

Good day

El Molino

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:54 PM

HI all - just went thru our FSSC V5 audit and the element is referring to more than just your processing. Do A SWOT analysis  - the overall management of the food safety program and do you review in your management meeting the risks and how to address them - it must be part of your agenda and the methods to address your risks must be identified as well as the opportunities for improvement ( PDCA) Remember to relate these risks to your interested parties and their needs as well as you FSMS

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users