Jump to content

  • Quick Navigation
Photo
- - - - -

SQF Certificate Extension due to the COVID-19 pandemic


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Altermanm

    Grade - MIFSQN

  • IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 4 thanks
2
Neutral

  • Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

Hello colleagues,

I hope you are all safe and healthy. 

We were expecting  an SQF audit in March, but had to postpone it due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our company policy does not allow visitors from other provinces.

Our current certificate is valid until the end of May.

We requested an extension from our certification body, but because we changed the certification body since the last audit, they said that we have to go back to NSF ( our previous CB) and request an extension from them.

 Have any of you did that with NSF? I heard they are charging 1800$ for this service.

 

 

Thank you!

 



SQFconsultant

    SQFconsultant

  • IFSQN Fellow
  • 3,772 posts
  • 947 thanks
840
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:American Patriot
    WWG1WGA
    Never give up, never give in - always win!
    Martha's Vineyard Island, Massachusetts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:12 PM

That has happened to a couple of clients of ours.

 

It is standard in this kind of set-up to go back to the original CB and apply for the extension and there is a change fee that would apply.

 

You might be able to lessen the change fee somewhat, but $1800 is not a bad fee.


Kind regards,
Glenn Oster
 
GOC BUSINESS GROUP | SQF System Development, Implementation & Certification Consultants
Internal Auditor Training - eConsultant Retainer Subscriptions - Pre & Post SQF-GAP Audits - Consultant Training
Visit us @ http://www.GlennOster.com  or call us @ 772.646.4115 US-EST 8am-4pm Anyday except Thursday
 
 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Altermanm

    Grade - MIFSQN

  • IFSQN Member
  • 57 posts
  • 4 thanks
2
Neutral

  • Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:38 PM

Thank you Glen.

I had a feeling that you will be the first to reply :)

Have  a wonderful day and stay safe!

 

That has happened to a couple of clients of ours.

 

It is standard in this kind of set-up to go back to the original CB and apply for the extension and there is a change fee that would apply.

 

You might be able to lessen the change fee somewhat, but $1800 is not a bad fee.



MlissaB

    Grade - AIFSQN

  • IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 12 thanks
3
Neutral

  • United States
    United States

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:44 PM

Hello colleagues,

I hope you are all safe and healthy. 

We were expecting  an SQF audit in March, but had to postpone it due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our company policy does not allow visitors from other provinces.

Our current certificate is valid until the end of May.

We requested an extension from our certification body, but because we changed the certification body since the last audit, they said that we have to go back to NSF ( our previous CB) and request an extension from them.

 Have any of you did that with NSF? I heard they are charging 1800$ for this service.

 

 

Thank you!

 

 

We ran into the same situation with our BRC Certification, DNV was our CB. They were very responsive and the fee was less than half of what you are quoting. They advised me the fee was being driven by BRC more than them so you may want to validate if your CB is adding a higher fee to what SQF is requiring.


Edited by MlissaB, 15 April 2020 - 01:46 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users