SausageGuy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Washington Capitals Hockey (2018 Stanley Cup Champions), music, spending time with family

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:02 PM

Hello all!

We are in the process of re-outfitting a new facility and are about 6 months out from having everything completed. Our SQF re-certification for our current facility is in September. I know we will have to be certified (not re-certified) at our new facility, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this? I am wondering about lapse in coverage from one facility to the other, timeframe for certification on new building, et cetera. If any one has any information that would be helpful, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,670 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

Hello all!

We are in the process of re-outfitting a new facility and are about 6 months out from having everything completed. Our SQF re-certification for our current facility is in September. I know we will have to be certified (not re-certified) at our new facility, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this? I am wondering about lapse in coverage from one facility to the other, timeframe for certification on new building, et cetera. If any one has any information that would be helpful, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I have experience with this.

The question that comes up is.. do you have your new SQF system (documentation) completed (base only, not live docs) and are you rolling implementation as you outfit the new facility or are you going to wait until you get into your new facility to begin implementation?

I have a new client that is basically doing what you are doing - their re-cert is in October on existing facility and in-process now of moving into new facility little by little with final move in set for December.

The new SQF system docs will be started on next month and completed in June - they will however begin implementation in July and the re-cert on current facility is to be canceled with a new contract for the new faciity to have both audits in January.

In conjunction with the company we've put together a letter that goes to each customer explaining why the company will be canceling the re-cert, when the audits will be done at the new facilty and that internal audit documentation will be available to any requesting company during the gap period - the internal audit is going to be done either by a consultant or 3rd party audit company - results of which are then available to any customer that requests same.

Each customer gets a letter and any customer can request copies of the audits conducted within the gap period and can also request consulting progress reports.

Basically have done this once before a couple of years ago and everyone was fine with how it worked out - no customer issues and no customer losses.

The only stressful part in the past was having both the desk audit and cert audit on the new facility done at the same time - only recommended if you ensure ahead of time with gap audits that there are no issues.

Hope that helps.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 16 April 2020 - 04:35 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users