• Quick Navigation
Photo

Audit Report Findings

Share this

Best Answer , 21 May 2020 - 12:41 AM

Thank you so much for all your response. 

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

teodymayojr

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:39 AM

Can anyone please advise which among the audit standards (using checklist) requires full description of either conformity/nonconformity? I work with BRC standards, and they are required to be descriptive, both non conformity and conformity, how about? 

• GMP
  • HACCP
  • SQF
  • ISO 22000
  • ISO 22000 - Quality
  • FSCC v5
  • IFS
  • Others

Thank you so much!

Edited by teody, 20 May 2020 - 12:42 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:18 AM

Can anyone please advise which among the audit standards (using checklist) requires full description of either conformity/nonconformity? I work with BRC standards, and they are required to be descriptive, both non conformity and conformity, how about? 

• GMP
  • HACCP
  • SQF
  • ISO 22000
  • ISO 22000 - Quality
  • FSCC v5
  • IFS
  • Others

Thank you so much!

This is an ambiguous (and long) request, eg Conformity to ?

What do you mean by "full description" ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

teodymayojr

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:30 AM

sorry, not so 

This is an ambiguous (and long) request, eg Conformity to ?

What do you mean by "full description" ?

Sorry Charles, not so clear, my bad. 

I mean how are findings going to be written in the checklist? a full description of conformity? or just a Yes or No. Or all audit checklist required to be filled out (under comments) by the auditor as evidence of their conformity. (Ex: internal auditor) 

Edited by teody, 20 May 2020 - 01:31 AM.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:23 AM

There would be no reason for an internal nor external auditor to write out a conformity,(if it conforms why write anything - would seem to be such a waste of time) only a non-conformity and providing as much information as is deemed needed for the reviewer to open up the corrective action flow/process.

I used to (when I was an SQF Auditor and also prior to that a hotel inspector) write narratives on the gigs, but no reason to do so with what is right - only with what is wrong.

I did have a food plant owner once demand (yes, it was an interesting exchange) that I write something nice and long as to what a great airlock system he installed, but the fact is that while it was nice, it did not need an explanation written becuase it met the requirement.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

A standard lists requirements.  An audit check to see if you are meeting the requirements.

If you are meeting the requirements, then you are in conformance with the standard.  If you are not meeting the requirements, then you have a non-conformance.

It doesn't matter if you do an internal audit, have a 3rd party auditor, or a customer auditing your facility.

Unfortunately, some standards may not have black & white detailed descriptions of all situations that would be considered to be nonconformances.  You also can have auditors who interpret the standard differently.

I think the best way to determine conformance/nonconformance is to understand the purpose of the requirement.  Does your program address the intent of the requirement?  Does the outcome of your program show that you are acceptably meeting the requirement?

A plant that is producing table salt may not need the same allergen controls that a bakery may need.  A standard is not going to address in detail every possible scenario.  Thus no black & white exhaustive list in a standard of what is required in a salt plant compared to a bakery.

Thanked by 1 Member:

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:02 PM

There would be no reason for an internal nor external auditor to write out a conformity,(if it conforms why write anything - would seem to be such a waste of time) only a non-conformity and providing as much information as is deemed needed for the reviewer to open up the corrective action flow/process.

I used to (when I was an SQF Auditor and also prior to that a hotel inspector) write narratives on the gigs, but no reason to do so with what is right - only with what is wrong.

I did have a food plant owner once demand (yes, it was an interesting exchange) that I write something nice and long as to what a great airlock system he installed, but the fact is that while it was nice, it did not need an explanation written becuase it met the requirement.

Glenn,

BRC requires that an internal audit specifies conformance. They do not say "what" that needs to be however. Our BRC auditors tend to be long winded in their conformance documentation.
When doing internal audits, I usually simply say (if there is compliance), "Observed documentation complies with the intent of the clause".

Marshall

Thanked by 1 Member:

teodymayojr

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:41 AM   Best Answer

Thank you so much for all your response. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users