• Quick Navigation
Photo

Would this change to our facility require a change of scope or notification to our Certification Body?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

Hey guys, quick question

We have a production facility where we manufacture our products and the raw material is stored in that same facility. This facility is SQF certified.

We have another warehouse facility that is for finished product storage. This is NOT SQF certified. 

Now they want to combine them both. Meaning shutting the finished goods warehouse and bringing all finished product to be stored in the SQF certified facility.

Will there be any changes to anything relating to our SQF certification? Like the scope or anything? Anything I should communicate with our CB for?

Thanks

:)

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:34 PM

Based on what you said, there would be no changes and no need for a call.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

I figured! 

Thanks Glenn!

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

Glenn and everyone else that can help me with this:

So apparently they changed their mind. This is what they want to do:

So the SQF facility that has raw material and manufacturing. Will now only be manufacturing (unchanged) but they want to move RM out to another storage warehouse (raw material warehouse) and then move Finished products to the manufacturing warehouse that is SQF certified. I am not sure about this one since raw material receiving is essential to SQF. How will this change. Manager asked me if the other warehouse (where he wants to put raw material) can be SQF certified. 

To sum up: An SQF certified raw material and manufacturing facility will now only have finished goods and still have manfucaturing. All raw material will be moved to another warehouse for storage. Is this acceptable and will there be any changes to SQF? And if we can have the other RM warehouse certified as well. 

Thanks and sorry for all the confusion

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users