• Quick Navigation
Photo

BRC 5.3 - is there need in allergen management to segregate storage, utensils, cleaning of production line etc.?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

VThiruselvi

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:03 AM

Hi, 

Let me introduce myself at first. My name is Thiruselvi, call me Thiru / Selvi. Im working with food manufacturing company. This company certified under BRC standard. My question below:

Under 5.3 Management of Allergen, currently we are declared all the allergen used in our facilities in he labeling. However, is there need allergen management such as segregated storage, utensil, cleaning of production line and etc? 

Kindly advice, thanks in advance

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:13 AM

Hi Thiru, welcome to the forums :welcome:

You should have a risk assessment to identify allergenic hazards and contamination routes (5.3.3) and you will need to have necessary controls and procedures in place to avoid contamination of allergens (5.3.4). Line cleaning, segregated storage and dedicated utensils are commonly used controls however make sure you implement according to your site, operation and risk assessment.

I'd suggest a read through of the Interpretation Guide for clauses under 5.3, if you don't have one you can purchase a copy at the BRCGS bookstore or download freely from Participate if you are already BRC certified.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users