• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:13 PM

Good Morning, 

Our company want to get BRC certification, The company has two facilities and the distribution is not in the ideal process flow. Staff facilities are not next to the production area and staff must walk through the dry store (10 m) to reach the entrance. Checking on the self assessment form I have found that in that case,  we can do a risk assessment (4.8.1). I was wondering you can guide me about make an accurate RA,

Is that risk assessment the same we carried out  through the HACCP Plan?.  If not, could you please guide me about the way I can develop it? I really appreciate your contributions.  Liliana Moreno

dstout

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 8 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Micro, chemistry, food safety, regulations

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:28 AM

Hi Liliana,

The short answer is yes you can use the same RA but the risks are most likely different for only the dry area. 

I would base the RA for facilities on the most direct pathways to the restrooms. Some questions to answer would be the risk and likelihood of product becoming contaminated from the common egress. Depending on what your facility produces I would recommend some environment pathogen testing that can back your RA though this isn't required it does assist when making your case to the auditor. Sounds like a low-risk RA, I would pay attention to cross-contamination sources and also look in what areas the employees egress from...is it finished goods to the restrooms? raw goods to the restrooms? What you manufacture and the environments would be factors to consider as well. 

Hope this helps!

Dan

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users