• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do we need to inform the auditing body if we introduce a new product to a BRC site?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

foodworld

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 August 2020 - 10:46 AM

Hello everyone!

Loving this site and I am finding it so useful! 

I thought I might get a quick answer here, I have just recently moved to a new job in a BRC certified site.  My question is do they need to inform their auditing body if they are to introduce a new product to the site? My thoughts are yes as this product will be produced on the same line but at a different time to other products which are BRC certified but would welcome confirmation.

Thank you for your time

KR

Flo

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,688 posts
  • 1147 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:38 PM

yes

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,073 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 12 August 2020 - 01:16 PM

Hello everyone!

Loving this site and I am finding it so useful! 

I thought I might get a quick answer here, I have just recently moved to a new job in a BRC certified site.  My question is do they need to inform their auditing body if they are to introduce a new product to the site? My thoughts are yes as this product will be produced on the same line but at a different time to other products which are BRC certified but would welcome confirmation.

Thank you for your time

KR

Flo

Maybe - could depend to an extent on how different the new product. Obviously the standard itself has section 5.1 that implicitly acknowledges sites will of course be introducing new products between audits, so e.g. if your scope is "the manufacture of chilled RTE sandwiches" and you're planning to add a new cheese & pickle variant then no, it's probably not significant.

If it sits outside of the current scope then it becomes more complex, and indeed it's worth noting that even if it's manufactured on the same line using the same equipment, it doesn't necessarily mean it will sit in the same category number (see Appendix 6 of the standard). In this type of situation it's definitely going to be worth talking to your cert body.

Thanked by 1 Member:

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:20 AM

Hi,

I agree with pHruit,

it is dependent on what "product" means - product variant or new type of product and technology used (-> new scope).

Rgds

moskito

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users