Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:27 AM

I work for a company that produces cardboard packaging, mostly non-food and of that which is for food it is mostly not direct contact. We recently had our BRC audit and got a minor NCR for not carrying out a risk assessment for environmental monitoring requirements which I am now trying to do. I have bought a document template pack but am struggling with the risk scoring. These are the risk scores:

3 Death of consumer/ long term illness leading to death.
Legal requirement. The hazard frequently occurs in the industry (at least once per month) 2 Consumer in hospital or requires medical attention/ serious short term injury or illness.
Customer requirement. The hazard occurs sometimes in the industry (at least once per year) 1 Minor injury or illness to consumer or complaint The hazard rarely occurs in the industry (it hasn't happened in the last 2 years or more)

From the reading I have been doing I believe that cardboard is only at risk of mould, how harmful could this be on direct food contact packaging? My other question is the frequency. Is there any data available for how often there is mould on card raw material? From my own experience of being at my company for nearly 9 years it has never been an issue for us but this is the only place in the industry I have worked.

Skyhaze

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:22 PM

I've just realised that the table I posted hasn't formatted properly so here is the information again for the scores:

3 Death of consumer/ long term illness leading to death. Legal requirement.

2 Consumer in hospital or requires medical attention/ serious short term injury or illness. Customer requirement.

1 Minor injury or illness to consumer or complaint 

3 The hazard frequently occurs in the industry (at least once per month)  

2 The hazard occurs sometimes in the industry (at least once per year)

1 The hazard rarely occurs in the industry (it hasn't happened in the last 2 years or more)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:58 PM

Hi Skyhaze,

It sounds like you are just about to encounter haccp for packaging ?.

Can have a look at these 2 slightly "wandering" threads to get some background ideas -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ng/#entry151317

https://www.ifsqn.co...ht/#entry145707

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Skyhaze

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:15 AM

Thanks very much Charles, I will have a look through the threads!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users