• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

Good morning,

I'm hoping someone can help clarify the difference between a subcontracted process and traded goods.  When I had a phone conversation with the auditor who carried out our Covid assessment she explained it had changed in issue 6, unfortunately I can't find where I wrote down the information!

We manufacture solidboard and convert to boxes - this is our main process.  

We also buy and sell corrugated boxes - I used to class this as traded goods and we had the extra traded goods module.  

We also buy in solidboard die cuts and sheets which we convert to boxes - these are the same suppliers that supply our raw material.  I do not believe this counts as sub contracting?  

Any advice appreciated!

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:44 AM

The definition you need is listed under "outsourced (subcontracted) processing" in the glossary. Based on your description, I agree that this is not subcontracted processing - the materials you buy/sell are traded products, and the materials that you buy to subsequently process/finish would simply be raw materials.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users