• Quick Navigation
Photo

Are there any Food Safety Culture requirements in FSSC 22000 v5 or ISO 22000:2018?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

cheesedairy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:34 AM

Hi, if anyone has any knowledge on the below it would be a great help. Does the fssc v5 or the iso 2200. 2018 standard have any specific requirements for what is required for a food safety culture? What will the external auditor for these standards be auditing to? Is there a section of the standard committed to food safety I’m not seeing? Or will they be happy as long as something is in place? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,363 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:52 PM

Hi Cheesedairy; AFAK, you need to develop and implement Food Safety policy, confirm to it, communicate it to the Management and employees (sub-clause 5.2)

cheesedairy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:27 AM

Hi, thank you for the response. This clause deals with the policy but are there any specific requirements for culture?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:01 AM

Hi, thank you for the response. This clause deals with the policy but are there any specific requirements for culture?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The word "culture" does not appear in iso22000:2018.

There are (but ca 2016) interpretations of an implicit "involvement" as indicated Post 2, eg -

Food Safety Culture

FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 provide a strong foundation for building food safety culture. ISO 22000 requires proof of management commitment to the food safety process, along with accountability, and for management to make resources available to see the food safety process through. “We agree that culture has to come from the top,” says Southee. “The personnel have to see that management is committed, and the culture will come from that commitment.” It also requires constant communication, up and down the supply chain as well as internally. This includes involving all employees and making sure that they know what they’re doing (i.e., training). “Everyone needs to know they’re valued and important, and how their function contributes to the function of safe food,” says Southee.

https://foodsafetyte...ready-for-fsma/

Whether fssc enlarges on this aspect via its numerous addenda/PRPs not checked.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users