• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 07 October 2020 - 12:25 PM

Hi !

During our recent FSSC v.5 audit, we had a finding on the potential hazards from the compressed air during sachetting.

It was not identified and assessed in our hazard assessment as a product contact.

Can anyone help me with this topic. What are the potential hazards from a compressed air?

Where can I possible get a source or reference? As per our maintenance dept, we have an oil-free compressor.

Thanks in advance and greatly appreciate your time to consider my question.

#2 Ted S

Ted S

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 14 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:33 PM

Hello. Your auditor was correct in identifying your current situation as non-compliance since the air is being used in a "direct food contact" application. Using an oil free compressor is a good first step, but having "food grade" compressed air requires more preventive controls (ex. micron filtering, etc...). Regulations regarding compressed air quality differ worldwide, but I have attached some information that the US Food Industry is required to adhere to regarding this topic. I hope it is of some value to you and your team. 

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

#3 SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 3,415 posts
  • 868 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:American Patriot
    WWG1WGA

Posted 07 October 2020 - 01:35 PM

Oil Free? Does that mean there is no lubricant oil in the compressor itself?

Next question - from where do you pull the air from - source?

Kind regards,
Glenn Oster

GOC Group | +1.800.793.7042 | Serving the Food, Food Packaging & Food Storage Industries
SQF Development, Implementation & Certification Consultants 

In a nutshell we help small to large businesses to get their act together (as needed), help them to co-develop
entire SQF documentation systems, make recommendations as to installations and repairs in order
to get certified and continue with on-going support thru our popular eConsultant program and we do
all in about 30 days so your staff can implement with our assistance to retain and get new business!

Serving the new Republic of the United States of America & Alliance Countries

http://www.GlennOster.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users