Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Peru
    Peru

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:07 AM

Hi everyone, has anyone ever written a Food Safety Agreement with transporters? 

Here in Perú, it is very uncommon to have contracts with food packaging transporters so I am searching for the way to assure Food Packaging safety while transport is conducted. Any templates maybe... Thanks in advance. Franco

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:28 PM

Here in Perú, it is very uncommon to have contracts with food packaging transporters so I am searching for the way to assure Food Packaging safety while transport is conducted. Any templates maybe... Thanks in advance. Franco

IMEX the primary objective is related to "Insurance".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 253 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:21 AM

We have got a kinda same situation. Our company makes an additional MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed by both sides and requiring:

- Product protection

- Clean truck

- Truck cleaning schedule

- Secure of the package

- Avoiding co-shipping with chemical & odorous goods

- Protection against threats & malicious acts.

etc.

Franco León

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Peru
    Peru

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:26 AM

Hey! Thanks for your reply! May I get a template of your Memorandum of Understanding?

Thanks in advance!!!

We have got a kinda same situation. Our company makes an additional MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed by both sides and requiring:

- Product protection

- Clean truck

- Truck cleaning schedule

- Secure of the package

- Avoiding co-shipping with chemical & odorous goods

- Protection against threats & malicious acts.

etc.

QM-OS

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 103 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Sweden
    Sweden

Posted 19 October 2020 - 06:26 AM

We've simply put the requirements from the BRC standard (in our case 4.16) to be a part of the supplier approval documents.

Transport companies have to sign this or we won't use them.

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:29 AM

In my experience, transport companies will normally sign anything to get the business in the hope that no problem ever comes up. Make sure you build in a clause that you will reject the vehicle if it is not up to your  standards.

I don't know how it works in Peru, but in the UK there are often further complications as transport companies themselves frequently sub-contract to other companies.

The Standard also uses the term 'general carriers'  (5.10.6) and it may be that the quantity of your products transported and the type of transporter could fall within this definition. 

magdam

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:46 AM

Hi Franco,

We're food packaging company and we have attached agreement in place with our transport companies

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users