Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:44 PM

Hi all, just had my BRC audit cancelled and have now got to have a risk assessment phone call to get a 6 month extension.
Has anyone had one of these? What does it include?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:49 AM

Hi all

Just had my BRC audit cancelled and have now got to have a risk assessment phone call to get a 6 month extension.
Has anyone had one of these? What does it include?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I've done a couple of them. Is this the preliminary call rather than the actual remote audit?

If so, they'll likely ask about your COVID controls, check your certification history, maybe some brief detail about how you're managing your food safety systems if lots of staff are working remotely etc. I think it perhaps took 10 minutes at most - really just for the certification body to be able to show that it's reasonable to start the "proper" remote assessment process with you.

The actual remote audit is slightly more involved and will typically use Zoom/Skype or similar to share screens and documents - they'll probably want to see things like audit schedules/records, recall test etc, but also a strong focus on how you're managing both normal and extra COVID-related hygiene requirements - the latter has a much greater Health & Safety focus than a normal BRC audit. 

It's nothing like as arduous as a full BRC audit, but do expect some odd questions that aren't really part of the standard, and if you have a H&S manager you'll want to have them on hand ;)

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:14 AM

Our company did one in April. The procedure followed the BRC072:

https://www.brcgs.co...ed-by-covid-19/

Basically, it had 3 stages:

1. Auditor gave us an enquiry sheet to collect information like changes of our company during the pandemic.

2. We sent documents according to BRC072 so that the Auditor could take a preview and ask for something missing.

3. An online-conference took place to verify the documents and to show evidence (by sharing screens). Our management representatives attended to that Skype interview.

At the time, movement was quite strict due to the scare. Now I believe an online-audit can exploit live-streaming techniques so that the Auditor may take a virtual "site-tour" with helps of a webcam or a mobile phone, unless the company's confidential rules prohibit it.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users