• Quick Navigation
Photo

Are Food Defense and Food Safety part of Quality Management?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Paula Blanco

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:45 PM

Good afternoon, this is my first post! I have to change the organigram of our company for our IFS Broker audit in a few weeks. I have the following doubt: Do Food Defense and Food Safety go under Quality Management? Are they part of it? Or should I indicate them separately in the chart? I know Food Defense and Food Safety are different things so I am separating them for sure, but I am unsure whether I should include them within Quality Management or not... Thank you in advance.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:10 PM

There isn't a "right" answer to this - it is up to your organisation to determine how best to structure yourselves.

FWIW it seems to be very common (in the EU/UK at least) for this to sit under the QM remit, although the team for HACCP, Food Defence etc may of course encompass personnel from other departments.

Your organogram should reflect what you as a business are actually doing, so that it is clear to the employees of the business.

Thanked by 1 Member:

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:53 AM

In a broader POV, quality is to satisfy (any) requirements of customers, in both implicit and explicit terms. Food safety (HACCP, defense, etc.) obviously is a requirement then it can take part in QMS. And that depends on what extent a company defines the quality notation. IMEX, the food industry wants to emphasise the safety in order to avoid overlooking poisonous harms in consumers.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:44 AM

Good afternoon,

This is my first post!

I have to change the organigram of our company for our IFS Broker audit in a few weeks.

I have the following doubt:

Do Food Defense and Food Safety go under Quality Management? Are they part of it? Or should I indicate them separately in the chart? I know Food Defense and Food Safety are different things so I am separating them for sure, but I am unsure whether I should include them within Quality Management or not...

Thank you in advance.

The IFS Standard tends to have a mind of its own.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users