Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:12 PM

Hello group, I'm reviewing internal policies and specifically the allowances for weight in a bagging process.

I reviewed NIST Handbook 113 and there is a Table 2.5 "Maximum Allowable Variations (MAVs) for Packages Labeled by Weight" that list an allowance of 0.5 Lb for a 50 lb bag.

Then if we consider that the product weight also variate due to moisture content then there is a 3% listed in Table 2-3 "Moisture Allowance".

My question is, would you agree to set the allowable weight variation of the final product to be in-between 48Lb and 52 Lb?.

Thanks.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:24 PM

Hello group, I'm reviewing internal policies and specifically the allowances for weight in a bagging process.

I reviewed NIST Handbook 113 and there is a Table 2.5 "Maximum Allowable Variations (MAVs) for Packages Labeled by Weight" that list an allowance of 0.5 Lb for a 50 lb bag.

Then if we consider that the product weight also variate due to moisture content then there is a 3% listed in Table 2-3 "Moisture Allowance".

My question is, would you agree to set the allowable weight variation of the final product to be in-between 48Lb and 52 Lb?.

Thanks.

Kind of Product ??

Never used NIST (I recall it can be a bewilderingly complicated manual) but I imagine that for lot acceptance there is a sampling aspect involved also.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:08 PM

Dry ingredient. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users