• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is Change Management a requirement of FSSC 22000?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

rewel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:30 AM

Hi all, I have a few questions regarding change management. Firstly I am new to FSSC 22000, is this a requirement of the standard? Secondly, I am trying to decipher if what we are doing is major enough to warrant change management and alert major suppliers of the change. We are a yeast manufacturer and are replacing a large filter drum that is part of the process to produce compressed yeast. This is a direct replacement of the current one. This will be on L2 and L1 will still be running during this. I have conducted a food safety risk analyses and will have all measure in place to reduce all the risks. Just want to know if this project is large enough that we have to let all our major customers know. What is everyone's thoughts. Who has been through this before and how did they go about it?Regards,

Rewel

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 29 November 2020 - 08:11 AM

Hello Rewel,

Control of Changes is a mandatory clause in all standards (BRC, ISO 22000, FSSC) and the aim from it is to control changes that affect on product safety, as an example: projects of new lines, change in specification of products, constructing and improving of infrastructure, Packaging material replacement.

All the previous examples and more shall be controlled by a system in place to ensure that all department and senior management (if needed) are fully aware of these changes and brainstorming together all risks that could be in place in case of you implement that change.

Regarding the point of telling your customers about this change, depends on the customer, some of customers need to know any changed related to yoru process to be kept up do date with all hazards that could be affect on product safety , other customer that doesn't look for that as long as you did your study, so it depends on teh contracts and agreement with your current customers.

Finally, if you did a change into teh HACCP team , there is the national regulation authorities that are doing full inspection/audit on your facility, if you change into the HACCP they have to know about this change.

That's all what i know and hope that i could help you! 

M.Yusuf

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users