Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:36 PM

We are trying to go digital for all of our paperwork. We will still maintain paper copies of documents like our HACCP plans, SOPs etc.  This is more for our daily production records, customer complaints, calibration checks etc. Basically the documents that we will be using on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis as opposed to documents that would be reviewed annually. 

I know what is required in our paper copies when it comes to revision dates, document numbers, reviewed by management etc; but how do I keep these same requirements in the digital files.  It is not feasible for me to have the owner sign off on every digital document.

Can I keep a spread sheet of changes and revisions to items such as production and QA log sheets that detail what modifications have been made and the date of revision? 

Can I have management sign off on these revision forms instead of storing their signature on the digital form? 

I have inherited someone else's systems and every revision for every form is signed off on and held in paper format.  There were no digital forms at all.  I am currently using go-canvas and although it says what revision you are on per document I have not found a way to access those old documents.  Thank you so much

Edited by Charles.C, 01 January 2021 - 03:09 PM.
attempted reformatting

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:16 PM

The go canvas platform should allow you to see archived docs   I have used this platform before with success

It does allow you to set it up so that other stakeholders are emailed when a doc requires their signature or review

I had good luck also with their help desk so don't hesitate to reach out

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:08 PM

Agreed with Scampi, it is a great solution with great customer support.

Just need to tweak the software per the user needs.

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 January 2021 - 07:56 PM

As the SQF Practitioner I sign off the finalized version of every document myself, be it a layout change on a record or a complete overhaul of an SOP.  If you have so much going on where you can't have the owner sign off on these things, maybe that shouldn't be his/her responsibility anymore?  

As for the spreadsheet that tracks all revisions, yes, if I understand what you are asking then that is actually a very necessary thing. I call it my "Document Register" and I track both individual document's revisions AND a live timeline of all revisions, in order, on one document.  (For SQF Ed 9 - 2.2.1.2 and 2.2.2.1)

amberlyda

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

"As the SQF Practitioner I sign off the finalized version of every document myself, be it a layout change on a record or a complete overhaul of an SOP.  If you have so much going on where you can't have the owner sign off on these things, maybe that shouldn't be his/her responsibility anymore?  

As for the spreadsheet that tracks all revisions, yes, if I understand what you are asking then that is actually a very necessary thing. I call it my "Document Register" and I track both individual document's revisions AND a live timeline of all revisions, in order, on one document.  (For SQF Ed 9 - 2.2.1.2 and 2.2.2.1)"

Thank you.  I have been trying to figure out why the previous SQF practitioner had all upper level management signing off on every document change.  It has been impossible to keep up with their system (and honestly with as many archived "to do" files as they had im not sure they were keeping up on it).  We do have a document register currently that is maintained.  The difference with our paper copies is that we keep physical copies of every archived document with the revision changes on the document itself.  This is my first time being the practitioner and I just want to make sure everything i do is in compliance as i change things.

amberlyda

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:05 PM

The go canvas platform should allow you to see archived docs   I have used this platform before with success

It does allow you to set it up so that other stakeholders are emailed when a doc requires their signature or review

I had good luck also with their help desk so don't hesitate to reach out

Thank you. I do have access to all the submissions.  Would this be the same thing?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users