Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:49 PM

Hi all!! Taking over as Quality Manager for someone who is retiring and at the same time our business is moving to a new location. I am looking to overhaul our Quality System and make it more straightforward and easy to update. Any advice on how people set up their SQF systems? We currently are a little all over the place and I am looking for some ideas to streamline. Thanks !!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:34 PM

Similar boat here---------it looks like each department was left to mange the bit they were responsible for and things are filed wildly with (seemingly) no ryhme or reason

Post next audit (in two months) i will doing the following

Centralizing all documentation under 1 quality location

Folder 1 Policies

2 Procedures (SOPs)

3 Sanitation Procedures (SSOPs)

4 Documentation (separated into departmental folders/ production/maintenance/sanitation etc.)

Currently-revisions are on the last page and have been overwritten when saving. Archive everything and save new versions with either version number or revision date

Keep the heart of the program in "read only" that way other well intended "helpers" can't help with the heart of the program

My master log is layed out so that all associated documents are listed beside all of the policies/procedures like this

ACME GMP Policy Date Jan 1 1000        GMP Training Doc xxx  Jan 1 1000

GMP Monitoring Doc xxx  Jan 1 1000

Deviation Tracking xxx  Jan 1 1000

That way, whenever 1 thing needs updated I am reminded to also ensure all associated documentation is modified if need be.

Also---this is a huge help https://www.inspecti...7674768_eng.pdf    

A reassessment calendar!!!!

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:50 PM

If you are moving to a new location you will need a new system as it will be a completely new certification, registration, etc.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Spidey

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 208 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:49 PM

I'm a fan of binders.

My SOPs, SSOPs, and SQF documents are also kept in digital form, but only on my computer.  I also save every new/updated version as a new file.  I have folders for the current versions and folders for the archived versions.

Each section of the SOP and SQF binders have document registers that list documents in order, give the date of the most current version, and track all amendments that have been made to each document.  I also keep my Corrective Actions in the SQF Binder.

In the binder for my 3rd party testing results, I keep a current copy of my 3rd party lab's ISO cert.

In the visitor binder, I keep visitor logs and visitor GMP training documentation.

Attached Files

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:44 PM

Hi all!! Taking over as Quality Manager for someone who is retiring and at the same time our business is moving to a new location. I am looking to overhaul our Quality System and make it more straightforward and easy to update. Any advice on how people set up their SQF systems? We currently are a little all over the place and I am looking for some ideas to streamline. Thanks !!

Hi lenie,

As you can see, people have various ideas for FSMS systems.

Some excellent stuff in previous posts but direct usability may relate to compatibility with  yr existing setup which is ????

Yr ultimate result must presumably also "answer" SQF's detailed requirements as per their on-line checklist.

Thoughts ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

leniejame48

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:09 AM

Hi all!! Taking over as Quality Manager for someone who is retiring and at the same time our business is moving to a new location. I am looking to overhaul our Quality System and make it more straightforward and easy to update. Any ad192.168.0.1vice on how people set up their SQF systems? We currently are a little all over the place and I am looking for some ideas to streamline. Thanks !!

issue got solved

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users