• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do we need photos of all our Glass and Brittle Plastic items?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

N95

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:00 AM

Hi all, so I've been working through with our Glass and Brittle plastics for our food manufacturing plant. We have a nice in depth register, states the location code, location name, item name, whether it's a plastic or glass, risk to product safety, the current condition, and if broken what risk is it to the product safety. We also have a register of pictures with all damages included. Now the images is what takes a very large part of the time. Any cracks to any degree we take pictures of. How important is these images? We have 221 items we monitor across the factory. I've considered changing these pictures to be more broad of the location and highlight where exact items are, and looking through our SQF manual, it states

All glass objects or other brittle materials in food packaging handling/contact zones shall be listed in a glass register including details of their location.

As long as we have a detailed register I believe this should cover this aspect as a whole. And start only using images as a point of area reference, not to so much highlight the exact damage to an item.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:56 PM

I only use photos when I need to enter a work order because it simplifies that process significantly 

Otherwise, i just record condition (cracked but intact) on my inspection.

Remember, meet the standard by doing what you said you would do

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,629 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:57 PM

As long as we have a detailed register I believe this should cover this aspect as a whole. And start only using images as a point of area reference, not to so much highlight the exact damage to an item.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
That is acceptable.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

zoelawton

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 42 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:47 PM

I don't have images for all items - only for broken items. 

For example, we have a machine with 4 panels of brittle plastic cracked / broken away. I took photos immediately and use these as references when checking, for all we know a bit could have snapped off or the crack could have got worse so i find referring to the original images helpful. If the crack got worse or more broke off i would picture and date this for reference also. You have to show control over vulnerable areas. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users