Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:24 AM

Hi, can I please ask for your help we are a packaging facility and recently had our FSSC v5 audit and had minor audit findings on

1. food safety clause for suppliers of materials and services not available/indicated on contracts and service agreements.

Can you please provide a sample FS clause or 1-page sample agreement ?.

2. approved supplier programme - no FS risk assessment, define reqts for review/audit if identified to be low/med/high.

Will a supplier evaluation questionnaire enough if certifications are not available ?.

If certifications (ISO 9K, ISO 22K, BRC etc) are provided, will it require a review or audit ?.

Looking forward to your feedback so we can provide evidence within the 28 days timeframe.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Charles.C, 28 January 2021 - 10:31 PM.
formatted

liberator

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 43 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Sci-Fi - Movies/TV
    Model Kit Building
    Gardening
    Home Renovations
    Riding my Motorcycle

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:26 PM

Can I ask what are you packing?  Are you packing direct food contact or secondary/tertiary packaging and what are the packaging materials being used?

All that will determine what you need put into your suppliers agreements. Our own supplier quality expectations is 42 pages long! It built around the requirements of BRC and we expect our vendors to meet these requirements as well.

You'll then need to determine the risk of the the packaging materials to the packed product. If its secondary or tertiary packaging materials there would be minimal to no risk to the packed product. Primary food contact then the risk is there - food grade approved, foreign matter etc.

Thanked by 1 Member:

PiesB

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 27 January 2021 - 10:06 PM

we supply multi-wall sack kraft paper bags to dairy companies

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 January 2021 - 10:59 PM

Hi, can I please ask for your help we are a packaging facility and recently had our FSSC v5 audit and had minor audit findings on

1. food safety clause for suppliers of materials and services not available/indicated on contracts and service agreements.

Which FSSC Clause was audit referenced ?

2. approved supplier programme - no FS risk assessment, define reqts for review/audit if identified to be low/med/high.
Which FSSC Clause was audit referenced ?

Will a supplier evaluation questionnaire enough if certifications are not available ?.
Probably Not (eg see attachment below).

If certifications (ISO 9K, ISO 22K, BRC etc) are provided, will it require a review or audit ?.

Unsure.(eg see attachment below).

Looking forward to your feedback so we can provide evidence within the 28 days timeframe.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Pies,

Please see above (red).

There are various examples of approved supplier programs on this Forum. I assume audit comment relates to clause 8.2.4 (f)

A sample, generic program is attached -

Attached File  Supplier Approval and Rating Program.pdf   286.99KB   290 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

Spidey

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 208 posts
  • 81 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 January 2021 - 09:21 PM

Thanks a lot!

Attached is the Supplier Risk Assessment that I use.

I've written my supplier program to state that a Supplier Questionnaire is only necessary if a 3rd Party Audit has not been performed, but that is something you will have to determine for your specific process.  The same goes for the decision as to whether a document review is enough or if an on-site audit is required.

To-date, all of my suppliers have been approved via document reviews.  My company is so small and purchases so little that I think my suppliers would laugh if I requested an on-site audit.

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:33 AM

Attached is the Supplier Risk Assessment that I use.

I've written my supplier program to state that a Supplier Questionnaire is only necessary if a 3rd Party Audit has not been performed, but that is something you will have to determine for your specific process.  The same goes for the decision as to whether a document review is enough or if an on-site audit is required.

To-date, all of my suppliers have been approved via document reviews.  My company is so small and purchases so little that I think my suppliers would laugh if I requested an on-site audit.

Hi Spidey,

Thks yr input.

The document seems to not include  a Supplier Risk Rating/Evaluation or a specific method to determine/use such ? ?

Additionally, does not explain how the Risk Level of Incoming Material is determined. ??

Perhaps there are some additional Pages ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users