Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 February 2021 - 09:12 PM

Hi all, I was wondering, do I have to do a validation study on a dish washer I have been using for years for SQF level 2 audit ? Can trending history cover this?  Or would I need to do a bacterial or heat temp study from an outside company? We do a verification weekly with a disc plate that is calibrated to NIST standard. Thanks! 

HH9779

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:54 PM

Im a newbie, but my first response to your question would be that, Yes, you are able to conduct an "in-house" validation study using what you have already trended. At my company we have several "in-house" validation studies that were conducted at our location (we did not use a 3rd party). We are currently in the process of conducting a in-house validation study using 90 days of past information. Hope this helps!

Ken Bookmyer

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 February 2021 - 03:03 PM

In my opinion. Only if you can't find published study showing that the process you are using is adequate. In my industry for example you can use 165 F for 6 seconds for a 5 log reduction in vegetative cells (Listeria, Salmonella, and E. coli) You don't need to validate those settings. If you can find something from the dishwasher manufacturer or another published study that can serve as your validation. If you can't then  you should probably do a study. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 February 2021 - 07:29 PM

Hi all, I was wondering, do I have to do a validation study on a dish washer I have been using for years for SQF level 2 audit ? Can trending history cover this?  Or would I need to do a bacterial or heat temp study from an outside company? We do a verification weekly with a disc plate that is calibrated to NIST standard. Thanks! 

Hi rai,

A little context regarding the product/process/relevance of dishwasher might be useful.

Sorry for my ignorance of dishwashers but can you elaborate on the verification procedure you mention ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dish washer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users