Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

I am building a Business Continuity Plan from the ground up. Has anyone got any advice or can anyone recommend any resources to assist. I'm ok on the documented withdrawal and recall procedure but want to make this a really good tool for the management of incident and emergency procedures rather than having a document which is BRCGS compliant but that gathers dust between audits. If it is helpful, I am producing this for a meat abattoir and cutting plant. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Kind Regards

Julie

Measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil, cut with an axe!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:59 PM

Animal diseases that stop the movement of the animals (bse as an example)   do you have a plan for this situation?  

Do you have the capability to segregate if you get animals that are not fit for consumption in error?

PS-this document will always gather dust----this is a waste of time and meant to support the supply chain only IMO

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

johnmcip

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 93 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

I would have to agree with scampi here. Something that might make it more actionable and digestible would be to make separate documents for different incidences, along with a policy combining them together as a business continuity series. For instance:
Fire response plan
Loss of water plan
Bovine outbreak response plan
Weather disaster recovery plan
Etc.

I don’t know if this will actually make a difference, or only perceptually make a difference. You may already have it that way for all I know, I’ve just never seen it split up like that in the few companies I’ve looked at.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users