• Quick Navigation
Photo

What action to take when multiple gaps in records are identified?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PropTech

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:38 PM

Good evening all, looking for some advice regarding the best course of action.. I am a week into a new job and checks of records from the previous 12 months show significant gaps in the following areas (So Far)

• Meeting Schedule not completed. No minutes available and no discussion of objectives etc.
  • Micro schedule not completed as prescribed in procedures.
  • Out of specification Micro results not investigated.
  • Horizon Scanning not completed.
  • Unexplained gaps in room temperature records.

My plan at the moment is to call a meeting to discuss the lack of compliance in the last 12 months and document failings in an incident report/reports acknowledging the gaps, the potential consequences and put in place corrective actions to bring areas back under control. Although there are multiple gaps I have not yet come across anything that directly compromises the safety of the finished product. Product is Raw Meat. I have an audit in just over a month. Needless to say I was not aware of this situation when I accepted the job! Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Prop

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:30 PM

Da** you're in a tough spot

All you can do is record your steps for now on in detail

The only item that you cannot move forward on is the out of spec micro----there needs to be a formal follow up even though it's months down the road. You'll need to do a RA for this product and then retest like product to see if the results are the same like to like   Can i safely guess salmonella or e coli?

In Canada they'd suspend your license for that if you didn't actively do something to correct now that you know  (micro no follow up)

Explain to senior management how big a deal this is, that they are risking not just certification, but their license as well. 1 mistake is understandable, a complete lack of food safety support is quite another

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Beef2021

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:41 PM

Thank you for your input Scampi.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:44 PM

My sympathies for the mess. Other similar threads exist here, all with dire anticipations.

Difficult to see how previous audits were (presumably) not failed. ???

Not sure I agree yr conclusion of no direct safety risks to finished product.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users