• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Soccer (Football), Cricket, Cooking

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:16 PM

Please can anyone send me a free or paid Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment tool? I used PWC/SSAFE Vulnerability Tool last year to update our Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment but can't get into it, l think the link is closed? Thank You.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:33 PM

I think the link is broken  :(   Lots of folks use it religiously

SSAFE link is also not functioning

This one is working

https://www.highspee...nt-Template.pdf

and a different one here

https://www.foodfrau...-tool-for-gfsi/

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:11 AM

Please can anyone send me a free or paid Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment tool? I used PWC/SSAFE Vulnerability Tool last year to update our Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment but can't get into it, l think the link is closed? 
Thank You

Hi Raja,

Based on a recent thread ssafe may still be operational. The trick iseems to be knowing how to access it. Another poster also suggested inputting a small chunk of "coding" to obtain complete responses from excel. Not a recent user myself (too much effort) but the regular site does seem to be having constant problems.

@Scampi - a few comments - I am not a SQF user but (since no recent fraud safety catastrophes afaik) I opine any reasonably logical option is probably, currently, OK (and also for the rest of GFSI's family) as far as "generic" food fraud is concerned.  However SQF do have at least  2 additional requirements compared to, say BRC, ie (i) safety -specificity and (ii) onsite process appraisal.

IIRC, Post2's 2nd link's free trial does not offer full functions. (ie you will likely, effectively, need to pay for the highly detailed full package in advance)

The first link (other than, i think, not including [i,ii] above) may well satisfy SQF but IMO is inadequate since, eg, it omits at least one, afaik, "usual" major criterion - "detection capability" and 2 others ("frequency detection/geopolitical)" listed by USP and others.

This whole topic is a miasma of offerings ranging from massively in-depth to highly truncated solutions. I suspect many auditors are quite happy to go for the least common denominators. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:02 PM

The whole food fraud topic is a thorn in my paw

A proper robust Supplier Approval program should eliminate all but the most dedicated and sophisticated fraudsters

It is a paper exercise without merit IMO

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:38 PM

You might look into the VACCP Template for Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment .  We have used it and it has held up for our SQF Audits.  There is information online for free from several sources. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:09 PM

You might look into the VACCP Template for Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment .  We have used it and it has held up for our SQF Audits.  There is information online for free from several sources. 

Hi Mulan,

Whose/Which VACCP template are you referring to ? There are so many. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:04 PM

Hi Charles - Yes, there are lots of resources out there on VACCP that are free.  We utilized the Food Fraud Advisors site and some of the templates provided by safetyculture site to help us design ours.  I think it is whichever site(s) provide an insight that you can organize in your mind to see the overall picture of how you want to design your Food Fraud Vulnerability and Risk Assessment.  

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:34 AM

Hi Charles - Yes, there are lots of resources out there on VACCP that are free.  We utilized the Food Fraud Advisors site and some of the templates provided by safetyculture site to help us design ours.  I think it is whichever site(s) provide an insight that you can organize in your mind to see the overall picture of how you want to design your Food Fraud Vulnerability and Risk Assessment.  

Hi Mulan,

Thks.

Most FF Procedures (SSAFE is perhaps an exception) seem to generically involve determining, from X contributions a "combined" Vulnerability" Likelihood (or Risk), Y.  Followed by, based on Y, proposing appropriate Mitigation Procedures with respect to Economics and/or Safety.

Considering the number of threads here on this topic, there has been surprisingly (to me) little audit "blowback" on the Food Fraud topic which prompts me to suggest that audit-wise, it's a bit like haccp. As long as the proposed methodology ticks a (relatively) few boxes and the output looks "reasonable" (eg conforms to auditor experience where item is well-known) life goes on. 

Templates are undoubtedly valuable if they are, for example, (a) user-friendly and (b) "audit benefit effective." For me, many of them fail (a) but may still be justifiable via (b). :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

KiwiSridhar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 10 January 2022 - 02:06 AM

I have same problem. In the end I managed to download it as a spreadsheet though through this Link 

https://www.ssafe-fo...assessment-tool

The spreadsheet copy I have attached is only MACRO free version,

since there are restriction on this website to attach Macro Enabled file

Attached File  ENGLISH-SSAFE-Food-Fraud-Vulnerability-Assessment-Tool- MACRO FREE version.xlsx   262.49KB   202 downloads

The original file on the above link has a problem with printing the report due to Macro programming error  

I have reported the matter to concerned staff in that organization and awaiting further response

Will keep you posted, if I get any response

In the meantime let me know, if you have found any alternate solution

With regards

Thanked by 3 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users