Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 27 April 2021 - 11:24 AM

Hi we are a fruit and vegetable processing plant that produces high care products such as fruit salad. We are lucky in the sense that we have a separate room for this process. The changing facilities however are small with no room for extension. Would it be acceptable if all staff used the same changing room but the High care team use it at different times? Also, I can get different coloured PPE specific to High Care room, but would disposable gloves, aprons, sleeves etc. be acceptable to be put on upon entry to High care Room or do they have to gown up into full PPE including gloves, sleeves etc. in the room/at entry to room? I am going to place a boot wash at entry to high care instead of having captive specific footwear. Thank you in advance

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,076 posts
  • 851 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:32 PM

I'm not in high care / high risk, so it's possible that someone with more direct experience will be able to assist in term of any practical room for adjustment around BRC's expectations of the standard. Nonetheless, the IG seems fairly clear on the changing room point - for clause 8.4.1: For facilities with high-risk or high-care areas, personnel must enter these areas via a specific, designated changing facility (i.e. separate from other, lower-risk changing areas)....

Unlike the boot-wash vs. captive footwear element, there isn't any mention of provision for an alternative approach to this.

ClF

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 27 April 2021 - 01:01 PM

Thanks pHruit. 

I think I read somewhere that auditors will allow the same changing room but at seperate times, but typical, I can't find that feed now!. 

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users