Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:10 PM

Hello, we have a potential new client for part-baked products (we are a bakery of ambient breads). The bakery has never produced the part-baked goods up to today, and I try to figure out any additional considerations I must undertake before approving product for the customer. I guess there will be some differences to standard fully baked products? Customer will collect product ambient and will freeze it himself. Thanks.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:23 PM

You're end is easy---you just need to verify that the batch numbers for traceability are clear

I would be concerned about product temperatures at packaging.....and concerned that there might be a quality impact of freezing them off site----the internal temp of the cases is going to take a while to come down

Edited by Scampi, 14 May 2021 - 05:25 PM.

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Ieatcookies

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:45 PM

You're end is easy---you just need to verify that the batch numbers for traceability are clear

I would be concerned about product temperatures at packaging.....and concerned that there might be a quality impact of freezing them off site----the internal temp of the cases is going to take a while to come down

Yes, I am not worried about traceability, this one is well managed. 

Freezing (at the moment) is on customer end. But, while we are there. Would freezing externally the part baked products differ to freezing full baked products? Although freezing is on their end, I would rather inform them on the implications. 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:06 PM

One would assume a negative impact----due to par bake, the moisture level is still relatively high, so greater chance of crystal formation which would affect quality

You'd need to chill the par baked items thoroughly to prevent any rise in temperature prior to final freeze

How par baked are we talking?  50% or 90%?  I buy par baked banquette form my grocer, but judging by colour alone, they are about 90% baked prior to freezing

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users