Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2021 - 02:57 PM

Has anyone ever had a CAPA rejected when they submitted them. If you have 23 working days to submit your Corrective Actions and the CB has 7 days to review, what happens if one or more is rejected? Does the 23 days get reset for you to complete the rejected one? Anyone ever have this happen?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:17 PM

You don't get another chance-----you'd have to beg for an extension, and unless it's related to a capitol expenditure, not likely to be granted

Get your CAPA in early so you still have time to adjust if need be

FYI once CFIA makes it to your establishment, the same will apply there as well

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

queenb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2021 - 03:34 PM

Scampi, so there are no second chances is what you are saying. But they will allow you to adjust/revise before the 23th day deadline is what I'm understanding from you. Is this correct?

FSQA MKE

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 15 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Environmental Monitoring, FSVP, HACCP, Microbiology, Food Safety, Literature, Tennis, GFSI Solutions

Posted 21 June 2021 - 04:23 PM

You have a certain amount of days to correct the issue, 30, if I remember correctly.

The review time counts as days and the clock doesn't stop ticking. This is why corrective action has to be completed as soon as possible.

You may request an extension, but you are at the mercy of the CB or the auditor to accommodate this request.

Providing solutions for food manufacturing companies in achieving regulatory compliance, GFSI standard implementation, environmental monitoring solutions, and HACCP development.

foodsafety@email.com

https://foodsafetymuse.com

queenb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2021 - 04:49 PM

I understand the 30 day ticking clock but what I am not sure about is can you make a second correction action for the same NC within that time frame if they do not accept the first corrective action you've submitted?

FSQA MKE

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 15 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Environmental Monitoring, FSVP, HACCP, Microbiology, Food Safety, Literature, Tennis, GFSI Solutions

Posted 21 June 2021 - 04:53 PM

Yes,

If there's ample time, it is possible to submit a second corrective action if the first has been rejected.

Providing solutions for food manufacturing companies in achieving regulatory compliance, GFSI standard implementation, environmental monitoring solutions, and HACCP development.

foodsafety@email.com

queenb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2021 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for all the replies. New to the SQF Auditing world so not sure how these NC's work.

One more question: What happens if you have one or two rejected CAR's? Do they not issue a certificate than?

FSQA MKE

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 15 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:06 PM

You are required to close all non-conformances out within the allotted time frame or else you are not awarded a certificate.

It doesn't matter if it's one or twenty, they must all be closed out.

foodsafety@email.com

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:07 PM

https://www.sqfi.com...on-9-downloads/

Download the code and go to page 23

It is laid out plain there about what would happen in that scenario  (i.e. not good--you'll have to reapply for certification and/or not be certified until then)

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:25 PM

Always need to plan for issues, thus you get your corrections in as soon as possible instead of waiting 23 days to do so.

Having been an SQF Auditor it did not always work out there were enough days, etc. left.

Ultimately there are no extensions - well there might be a possibility but you will need to beg the CB.

I would begin that process now.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

queenb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for all the information everyone. I have downloaded Ed. 9 and will read up on that.

Abby7

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2021 - 04:55 PM

Just minor notes to add - you state 23 "Working" days but all CARs need to be accepted by auditor in 30 "Calendar" days - so again as stated, best practice is to submit soonest possible to allow auditor time to review and then you still have time to rework and resubmit your CAPA  within the 30 calendar days if necessary. 

Also, to my knowledge this is the protocol for all GFSI certifications likely since the start - not new to SQF V9.

PQAManager

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 114 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 June 2021 - 09:56 PM

Our auditor has let me email him and let him know I got them done.  He checked it within a day.  I had to correct one of mine 3 times in that small time frame.

Abby7

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:54 PM

Oh so glad it worked out - though very stressful situation!

Congratulations on your certification - now to take time and celebrate the accomplishment.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users